Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    mobilefly.com is selling the unlocked GSM Treo 650 for $839.
    Last edited by apdageek; 01/31/2005 at 07:41 PM.
    Such a deal!

More interesting is that they claim to have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    mobilefly.com is selling the unlocked GSM Treo 650 for $839. Here's a link to their site:
    Last edited by ToolkiT; 02/01/2005 at 05:09 AM.
    I'd hold off for shadowmite to crack the gsm 650's, mostley since you can get a hold of him if you need help ;D
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by apdageek
    mobilefly.com is selling the unlocked GSM Treo 650 for $839.
    839!?!??!?! I was expecting not a penny more than $700, which is what I paid for my 600. Ouch. I hope P1's direct price isn't over $800 like this.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hey apdageek,

1) I would seriously delete that link if I were you. You're about to learn a hard lesson about the dangers of the internet.

2) I can't believe you had the balls to order one.

3) I logged you out. For your own safety.
  6.    #6  
    I didn't order one. I put one in the cart to see what they were charging for shipping.
    Last edited by apdageek; 01/31/2005 at 07:49 PM.
    Whoa, thats messed up then... It logged me into someone elses accout when I clicked that link. Are you from Quebec?
  8.    #8  
    No, I'm in the US. When I went back to check their site after I saw your 1st reply, someone named marc-anthony was logged in. I guess we know their site is not secure.
    Wow, mobilefly.com should be condemned. Horrible security.
    i did order i'm from Quebec???

Marc-Andre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by prospects
    i did order i'm from Quebec???

Marc-Andre
    Wow, could you have been the one logged in when I when back?
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Wow, mobilefly.com should be condemned. Horrible security.
    That's weird because I wasn't logged in when i clicked the link. (I clicked it when the original post was made and I clicked it again when you made your first post and neither time was I logged into someone's account.) But yes, their security is horrible if you had access to another's person's account, epsecially if credit cards are involved.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    yes i think i was the one loggged in!. i paid via paypal. i'm i bit nervous but we will see i cannot wait any longer for my new phone

Marc-Andre
  14.    #14  
    When I saw the name of someone else, I immediately closed my browser and cleared all of my cookies, temporary internet files and history as I was so shocked about their lack of security.
    yes i think i was the one loggged in!. i paid via paypal. i'm i bit nervous but we will see i cannot wait any longer for my new phone

Marc-Andre
    Sounds like luckily the security breech happened when apdagee clicked the link and luckily he's obviously an honest person so you're probably fine, but for good measure you may want to contact mobilefly by phone or email and confirm with them that only 1 product was ordered for your account etc. (Better to do so now before they've shipped anything.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  16.    #16  

Marc-Andre
    You can go to paypal and check your account there. They usually post transactions immediately to your account.
    i went to paypal and they charged one phone,sorry apdageek lol

Marc-Andre
  18.    #18  
    i went to paypal and they charged one phone,sorry apdageek lol

Marc-Andre
    Aww ... I was hoping you bought one for me too since I haven't had any success trying to buy one from Cingular.
    You those prices are bad, Mobilebee (in N.Y.) has it listed as estimated 14 days for $899!!!!

http://www.mobilebee.com/PhoneDetailsID403.html
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    from your experiences when the Treo 600 just came out, how long did it take before prices came down to like $500-600 ?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast