1.    #1  
    I am unable to send via Outlook through the same SMTP that I have set up on Chatter. And thoughts?
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    Outgoing SMTP sever requires authorization.
    I'd assume the settings are different, probably as dlbrummels indicates... Check the settings in outlook related to authorization.

marc
  4.    #4  
    I haven't changed anything. It worked fine before Chatter. Of course the timing could be coincidental.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    I don't see how one could affect the other. So it's working in Chatter but not in Outlook?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    I don't see how one could affect the other. So it's working in Chatter but not in Outlook?

Marc
    Exactly.

I don't see how it could be the case either, but it has been a sustained problem for a few weeks now. Since I have other accounts that I also access with Outlook, I have simply switched the account I send from and changed the return address.

I do have to authenticate to use the SMTP server...is it possible that Chatter stays logged in and my server doesn't allow a second authentication from the same account at the same time?
    Chatter disconnects immediately after a SMTP session.

Marc
  8.    #8  
    It must be unrelated. Sorry to raise a false flag.
    Is it possible you picked the wrong type of authentication for smtpauth? Maybe the wrong port? What if both clients where connecting at the same time (I know the odds are slim to none each time) would the 2nd one be denied? In this a network blocking issue on that port? Does it work with any other mail clients like OE, Thunderbird or Eudora? Do you get an error message or is it the usual microsoft thing "Stuff is bad" and you have to click ok?