1.    #1  
    Let's say I buy a T650 and a Sprint service contract from Amazon, but the unit is defective and have to return it for replacement. Who does it get sent to? Sprint HQ? Local Sprint store? Amazon? PalmOne?

Thanks in advance...
    You can go to local store, send it to sprint, or send it to palmone... Local store is the fastest, and if you yell and scream and they have a new one in stock, you can usually get it... sometimes you have to be almost rude to get them to give you the new ones they have for sale though, because they like to save those for new customers, but i got 4 600's replaced in this manner...

You do NOT have to be rude to get what you want. That's ridiculous and childish.

My local Sprint stores have replaced my phones with a NEW one 3 times, and I never had to be rude or yell...
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    Well if they tell you you cant have it and need to wait until a referb comes in, it might be your last option... I am not saying be rude off the bat, but that it works if you apply some pressure. Maybe being adamant that you need the phone replaced that day, with a new one is a better way to put it then being rude. Also I am in NYC, a place where customer service is shall we say "slightly lacking"....

Got my 1st one day before thanksgiving had two replacements since then and both were new units right out of stock customer service at my local sprint store could not have been nicer

Fred
    Specially if you have already called Customer Service and had them 'annotate a note' to your file to provide a new unit. They are more than willing to oblige....

Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Got my 1st one day before thanksgiving had two replacements since then and both were new units right out of stock customer service at my local sprint store could not have been nicer

Fred
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I bought my t650 from P1 and returned for a warranty issue at my local Sprint store without any problem. They did ask me where I purchased the t650, but handed me a new one.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    i am on my third t650. Sprint exchanged the first one no problem. They kept the second one overnight before exchanging it. The funny thing is since coming to this board I had more info and insight on my t650 than the sales rep and the tech working on my unit. Thanks board. Without getting to far off the topic I'll say that if I didn't have this board to refer to I wouldn't have the heart to deal with a t650.