1.    #1  
    A couple of days ago the Side button stopped working when I "Press and Hold" it. When you press and hold... nothing happens... Once you let the button go then it activates whatever is assigned to it... It was working fine until I uninstalled the voice dial program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program in the past without this problem.

I can't figure out how to make it go back to working on "Press and Hold"
    Is your side button assigned to an app? Go to your system PREFS, look under "Buttons," and make sure your "Press + Hold Side Button" is assigned to something.
    I think I misunderstood you the first time... so you're saying your side button app does not get launch until you let go of the side button? Or it doesn't get lanched at all?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Is your side button assigned to an app? Go to your system PREFS, look under "Buttons," and make sure your "Press + Hold Side Button" is assigned to something.

Yes it's assigned... And it does work on a press and release... not on Press and Hold though.. I even tried hitting the DEFAULT button to make everything go back to original... No dice on the "Press and Hold"
  5.    #5  
    ... so you're saying your side button app does not get launch until you let go of the side button?
    Correct.... does not really seem to matter how long I hold the button either, the app launches when I let go of the button.
    Hmmm... so what happens if you re-install the voice dial program back in, does the problem then go away?
  7.    #7  
    Hmmm... so what happens if you re-install the voice dial program back in, does the problem then go away?

Nope... doesn't go away
    Unless someone else has another solution, I would do a hard reset and check if that solves it. If it's still not fixed after a hard reset, I'd get a replacement.
  9.    #9  
    I'm trying to leave a Hard Reset as a last resort. Sometimes it's such a PITA to restore everything and have it working properly after a Hard Reset.

I'm sorta convinced that it has to be a software issue.
    Last edited by RAfA95; 02/01/2005 at 02:11 PM.
  10.    #10  
    If it's still not fixed after a hard reset, I'd get a replacement.
    It's a software issue... Did a hard reset and the side button worked.
    Once it was restored the problem returned again...
    Quote Originally Posted by RAfA95
    I'm trying to leave a Hard Reset as a last resort. Sometimes it's such a PITA to restore everything and have it working properly after a Hard Reset.

I'm sorta convinced that it has to be a software issue.
    Get BackupBuddy NFS .. I do a hard restore almost weekly and thanks to BB NFS i can restore wherever I am and it has always been a flawless restore to the exact condition I backed up from.

For those not familiar BB NFS backups up to your SD card no need for cables or a sync. My 650 is chock full of "stuff" and only takes about 10 seconds to do a backup.