Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 650 from At&t Cingular for 249 + tax. My AT&T sim works fine! I will check if it works on Cingular!
    How did you get it for $249 vs $449?

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    Are you sure that's a 650 and not a 600? Can you post a picture?
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I've heard reports that some AT&T(Blue) NBO/B2B reps have been mistakenly entering $249 instead of $449 for T650 orders, not realizing the difference between T600 and T650's. Apparently, supervisors are trying to fix this, so if you want to try to take advantage of it:

1) do it soon
    2) call lots of times until you get a clueless rep (but who's not *so* clueless that they don't even know how to order the T650)
    3) pay with credit card instead of having it applied to your regular bill (because they can modify the charge to your bill if they catch it later)
    I just ordered one for $249 (B2B).. I called earlier this morning and was offered $249, but couldn't use my current plan, so I declined... I called an hour ago and was only offered $449... I guess the third time is a charm, because the rep processed it no questions asked for $249, even said I could use my current sim card after I asked if this is what I had to do.

Question to those who successfully did this: How long after you placed the order were you able to see the order online, or using the automated phone menu? I can't do either yet.. I just want to make sure this isn't too good to be true.

I'll let you know when I get it, and post some pics.
    If you don't already have an AT&T account can you order through B2B?
    And will this allow you to get Cingular plans? (aren't they more reasonable than ATTs?
    I've called NBO six times now and EVERY single CSR knows EXACTLY what the 650 is and the price is always between $449 and $499. I think they've caught on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    I've heard reports that some AT&T(Blue) NBO/B2B reps have been mistakenly entering $249 instead of $449 for T650 orders, not realizing the difference between T600 and T650's. Apparently, supervisors are trying to fix this, so if you want to try to take advantage of it:

1) do it soon
    2) call lots of times until you get a clueless rep (but who's not *so* clueless that they don't even know how to order the T650)
    3) pay with credit card instead of having it applied to your regular bill (because they can modify the charge to your bill if they catch it later)
    Thanks Rob! On my 4th call I must have gotten the same agent that you talked to. I'm getting the 650 for $399, they have no record of it being $249. Because of my account she is giving it to me for the 2 year contract price. I guess i'll have to hold my breath (again!) She said that i could have it as early as tomorrow. Persistance pays off.
    Ordered mine friday, on the truck for drop-off today! $449
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. CLM
    What number are you all calling to get through to someone who will sell the 650? I have called 866 CINGULAR twice today and they keep telling me the 650 is not yet available. Thanks!
    ATTWS National Business Ordering Center (aka Cingular Blue). You need a foundation account number from your company in order to purchase.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    So my wife's company (fortune 500) has a corporate deal with at&t, wich means better pricing for plans and 50% all equipment (but billed personally, not through the company). Anyone with experience with b2b accounts know if I could leverage this to get a cingular 650? It doesn't look like non business users are getting this phone anytime soon.

Thanks
    I have now called ATT NBO (literally) 15 times and have gotten prices Ranging from $399 free and clear to $499 with required data plan.

I officially give up with Blue B2B and will wait for the VC phone.
    My 650 blue just arrived. I don't have a FAN or business account, I'm just a regular customer and this is what happend to me.

I got it for $299. I was given two options: 2 year contract for $249 plus $18 service and $9.98 shipping or 1 year contract for 299 plus $18 service and $9.98 shipping.

I chose the 1-year option. I just signed up for a two-year contract this summer and the 1-year I signed up for is nullified by the existing two year.

I spoke with 3 different people, all of which gave me the same price and options. Here's what happened.

I called the B2B number on Thursday afternoon and was eventually transferred to customer support and spoke to someone who saw it available in the system. He was unable to place the order because the system was showing that the phone was available but couldn't be ordered. He offered me the phone for with the plans I mentioned above, he even had to get managerial approval to put in the order. I was on the phone with him for about 45 minutes and I had a meeting to go to. I request he document everything since I was going to call back later.

When I called back I spoke to someone else who saw the notes and tried to give me the same offers. He wasn't able to place the order either and tried to have other place it for him. It didn't work and I was on the phone with him for an hour.

I called back on Friday and spoke with someone who gave me the same offer and was able to submit it no problem. I didn't get an email or any other confirmation other than the transaction number. This took 10 minutes.

I even called over the weekend to verify the order, model and price. It arrived today.

I think because there is no official rollout people are getting confused and selling the 650 at the 600 price.
    Well, I hate to say it, but it looks like that deal is quite dead today....
    these stories are amazing ...lol

After talking to a few reps, I finally found one that offered to sell me a:
    Treo 650 (for $349)

BUT, she said it is NOT GSM. It is TDMA.

what da!?

Is TDMA any good?
    Is this possible?
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Thanks Rob! On my 4th call I must have gotten the same agent that you talked to. I'm getting the 650 for $399, they have no record of it being $249. Because of my account she is giving it to me for the 2 year contract price. I guess i'll have to hold my breath (again!) She said that i could have it as early as tomorrow. Persistance pays off.
    UPDATE: I just called back to get a status on my order and it has been Shipped

Waiting for FedEx to update but hopefully it will be here tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by proxx
    these stories are amazing ...lol

After talking to a few reps, I finally found one that offered to sell me a:
    Treo 650 (for $349)

BUT, she said it is NOT GSM. It is TDMA.

what da!?

Is TDMA any good?
    Is this possible?

I think this rep had no idea what she was talking about, i find it highly unlikely that they could have this.

cingular reps are really undertrained
    Treo 650
    Treo 600
    Cingular
    MediaWorks
    Will someone post the phone number you are calling to get this phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast