1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I am thinking of buying Mapopolis Navigator 2.2 for use with a wired GPS receiver on my Treo 600. I am just wondering if anyone with experience of the combination, can comment on the quality of the voice prompt.
    1. Can it be heard over road noice in a Car?(I guess depends on kind of car.)
    2. Clarity of the voice?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by imef2k
    Hi,
    I am thinking of buying Mapopolis Navigator 2.2 for use with a wired GPS receiver on my Treo 600. I am just wondering if anyone with experience of the combination, can comment on the quality of the voice prompt.
    1. Can it be heard over road noice in a Car?(I guess depends on kind of car.)
    2. Clarity of the voice?

TIA
    There are two options you can install for the voice prompts. I'm not entirely clear on the differences, but you should try them both and see which one you prefer.

The voice prompts are fine - not great, not bad, just OK. I can definitely hear them on my T3 in my car, and they're definitely understandable. I think some of the standalone GPS solutions have better voice prompts, but I prefer to have one device than multiple.
    There are two options:

MapopolisWords database
    pSpeak app and database

Mapopolis Words contains generic (left, right, turn, ahead, tenths, miles, continue, etc)

pSpeak will attempt to pronounce road names, but in my opinion is worse than a Speak and Spell, so I just use Mapopolis Words. There are a variety of voices you can download with difference accents, sexes, etc.

I don't have any problem hearing the commands/directions over road noise or even the radio.

Drawbacks:

-No 5-way support.
    -If you've got Mapopolis open, and a call comes in, you either have to have the earbud plugged in or you have to pick the phone up and put it to your ear. You cannot turn the speakerphone on as it immediately returns to Mapopolis once you choose to answer a call.
    -No route-to or avoid areas.

Otherwise, a great app.
    Avoid pSpeak if you can.

I have no trouble hearing voice prompts. Other than problem of receiving calls listed above, the program sometimes freezes if GPS cable is disconnected or GPS powers off (darn cigarette lighter adapter).