1.    #1  
    So I got an old fashioned (princess) phone ringer (wave file) from somewhere in this forum, but I don't know where to put it so that it can be found as one of my ring choices in prefs.

Where should I place the wave file?

Thanks so much,
    ~'kito
    Don't use hotsync or put it on an SD card. The best way to get it as a ringtone is sending it to the 650 via bluetooth. You can also email it and it should be installed as a ringtone also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    email it --it's the easiest way. Open the email, tap on the attachment and tap on "select viewer". Among your choices is "sounds". Pick "sounds" and tap "view". A "Confirm Name" dialog box will pop up asking you to "save as:" then tap "ok". Using the ringtone for a specific contact or category can only be done using an app like mring (at least this is the only way I could get it to work. Even when assigning ringtones in favorites, they dont work--only the assigned "known" or "unknown" caller tones seem to work for favorites, even though their is a specific selection for a specific ringtone in favorites--thats how it works on my 650 anyway. Has anyone had different results with favorite ringtones?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexx
    email it --it's the easiest way. Open the email, tap on the attachment and tap on "select viewer". Among your choices is "sounds". Pick "sounds" and tap "view". A "Confirm Name" dialog box will pop up asking you to "save as:" then tap "ok". Using the ringtone for a specific contact or category can only be done using an app like mring (at least this is the only way I could get it to work. Even when assigning ringtones in favorites, they dont work--only the assigned "known" or "unknown" caller tones seem to work for favorites, even though their is a specific selection for a specific ringtone in favorites--thats how it works on my 650 anyway. Has anyone had different results with favorite ringtones?
    Didnt need mring.
    Favorite ringtones work perfectly on mine. The specific selection available for each contact with a specific ringtone works well on my t650.
    It's a well documented issue that favorite ringtones only work with midi sounds. If you select an AMR or WAV sound in a favorite, it plays the default ringtone instead. I have this issue along with lots of other people who have posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by treolexus
    Didnt need mring.
    Favorite ringtones work perfectly on mine. The specific selection available for each contact with a specific ringtone works well on my t650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I didn't realize only MIDI tones worked in favorites--probably because I'm not a big fan of MIDI ringtones and didn't try them in favorites. Mring definitely solved my problem of using wav files as ring tones for any contact, not just favorites.