1.    #1  
    Treo 650, Sprint PCS, Chatter 1.0b20.2... using email on the desktop, receiving and sending away. I did note the LED blinking quickly, but ignored it since I was using the desktop client (a web client, in case that matters, can't see how).

So I look down at the Treo and notice... the LED isn't flashing at all. Huh? I can see bars, I can see data arrows, phone app says connected to Sprint... so I turn the radio off and back on and the every-two-second blink of PCS is back. I don't have anything else running that affects the LED.

Also, don't know if it's expected behavior, but when I'm charging and email comes in, the LED goes completely dark. After I read the email or whatever, it returns to its previous state.

Marc, if I can look something up or log, let me know.

Tom
    Hi. Does this happen, do you think, when the battery is FULL? Because I'm pretty sure I get the "correct" LED state if it's just charging... Let me know.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    For the first issue, I did notice something... if you access Chatter on the Treo, the LED starts blinking again. (When I shut the handheld off, I usually access the Launcher, and then turn it off.)

For the second issue, yes, it happens both when charging and when full. Not easy to see because I am usually asleep at this time. ;-)

Tom
    I also notice that if I don't check Chatter for a while, the LED goes dark. Usually this occurs when i am sitting with outlook open, see a new message come in as chatter vibrates and just read the message in outlook and not open chatter. LED will blink correctly for a while but there seems to be a timeout feature that will stop the blinking after a while.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    gadgetfreak - There's no timeout, but I'm looking into it.

Marc
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Marc - if Chatter is running at the same time as a desktop client, and a new email that's already kicked off the flashing LED is deleted, should we expect Chatter to recognise that there's now no new email and stop flashing the LED?
    ratsey - Not yet, no.

Marc
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    'Yet'. I like that. ;-)