Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I would be willing to pay at least $100 for someone to convert my internal 2.5mm jack to a 3.5mm jack. I hate having to carry that adapter around. I also don't care if I can't use a non bluetooth headset. Is there room for this? Anyone willing to do it (and guarantee that you don't break my treo)?

Ty
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Where did you buy your 650? The reason I ask is because if you bought at a CompUSA I would say get there warranty which is $160. Then send that sucker my way. You don't have to worry paying me. I just want a shot a cracking one of these open and see what is going on in there. We got a deal? .
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    For $100 you could buy 20 adapters at Radio Shack and leave one in every conceivable location. I bought a couple and leave them attached to my headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornrow
    Hello,

I would be willing to pay at least $100 for someone to convert my internal 2.5mm jack to a 3.5mm jack. I hate having to carry that adapter around. I also don't care if I can't use a non bluetooth headset. Is there room for this? Anyone willing to do it (and guarantee that you don't break my treo)?

Ty
    do what I did.. goto radio shack, buy a $5 2.5mm headphone cable plug, cut the existing 3.5mm plug off the headphone cord.. and solder on the 2.5mm plug.. instant treo headphones.
    Not sure about with the 650, but with the 600, you need to sand the outside perimiter of the radio shack plug so that it will fit into the recessed well around the treo. I also suspect that strain on the inside of this plug from radio shacks very long adapter may cause the connection inside the plug to get "loose" and not work.

The suggestion about getting someone to solder a 2.5 mm plug on your headphones is a lot less risk on your part and theirs (and could be done for around $10-20).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    Not sure about with the 650, but with the 600, you need to sand the outside perimiter of the radio shack plug so that it will fit into the recessed well around the treo. I also suspect that strain on the inside of this plug from radio shacks very long adapter may cause the connection inside the plug to get "loose" and not work.

The suggestion about getting someone to solder a 2.5 mm plug on your headphones is a lot less risk on your part and theirs (and could be done for around $10-20).
    Or get a headphone set and stereo headphones, cut the wires and reconnect and tape with black tape.
  7.    #7  
    I should just take these replies as an indication that it's not possible.

I do not want to damage my headphones by putting a new tip on them. They are very expensive and then I would need an adapter for my MP3 player, which defeats the purpose.

The point is that the 2.5mm jack is totally useless to me, but 3.5mm would be perfect. I don't like the adapter and I don't want 10 of them. If anyone is able to do this (maybe without the guarantee if you really know what you're doing), I am still willing to pay.

Ty
    Anyone know a source for inexpensive headphones that already have the 2.5mm plug and work with the Treo? I have the same frustration with the adapter, but would rather have several sets of headphones with a 2.5mm plug rather than a bunch of adapters.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    For $100 you could buy 20 adapters at Radio Shack and leave one in every conceivable location. I bought a couple and leave them attached to my headphones.
    Which particular adapter did you buy? I was looking through their web site and did not see it. Thanks.

I do not want to damage my headphones by putting a new tip on them. They are very expensive and then I would need an adapter for my MP3 player, which defeats the purpose.

The point is that the 2.5mm jack is totally useless to me, but 3.5mm would be perfect. I don't like the adapter and I don't want 10 of them. If anyone is able to do this (maybe without the guarantee if you really know what you're doing), I am still willing to pay.

Ty
    Not the answer you're seeking, but I must ask: do you still need the mp3 player? The Treo performs that function very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    Anyone know a source for inexpensive headphones that already have the 2.5mm plug and work with the Treo? I have the same frustration with the adapter, but would rather have several sets of headphones with a 2.5mm plug rather than a bunch of adapters.
    What about the Belkin HP iPAQ™ Stereo Earphones.
    Product #BLK F8U0106HP, $5.99 at CircuitCity and a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter is included.
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Belki...cfkmdffhdfgo.0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    oops... got it wrong, those have a 3.5mm plug.
    I think Seidio has some though (with 2.5mm).
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Not the answer you're seeking, but I must ask: do you still need the mp3 player? The Treo performs that function very well.
    If I had a 3.5mm jack, I'd be one step closer, but really 1gb isn't enough space. I like to rip my CDs at the highest ogg setting and keep the whole CD together.

Ty

Ty
    uhhh??? you do not want to damage the headphones by putting a new tip on them but would be willing to open up and do surgery on your 500 dollar treo? Those must be expensive headphones!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    uhhh??? you do not want to damage the headphones by putting a new tip on them but would be willing to open up and do surgery on your 500 dollar treo? Those must be expensive headphones!

My thoughts exactly.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    My thoughts exactly.
    They are ER-4S, costing $250 or so. By changing to a 2.5mm plug, they are useless for many of the other things I use them for (DVD player, Laptop, MP3 Player). I don't use the 2.5mm jack on the treo for anything except for headphones, so switching it doesn't cause any potential problems.

I mentioned that they were expensive to counter the argument that I could just get two pairs of headphones, one with a 2.5mm and one with a 3.5mm jack.

Anyway, if anyone can do this my offer still stands.

Ty
    what u going to do when the treo needs to be replaced by sprint lol
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, why the hell did P1 use the stupid @ss jack instead of a normal one?
    Quote Originally Posted by moquette
    Just out of curiosity, why the hell did P1 use the stupid @ss jack instead of a normal one?
    cause it's a phone
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    cause it's a phone
    Good point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast