1.    #1  
    hey thanks for reading/answering my post
    allthoguh i am pretty set on buying this phone/pda i have a few questions
    1 - Does any one know the Download rate speed?
    2 - How Reliable is the Phone?
    3 - How Clear is the mp3 player?

Thanks, Please respond
    Frank
    I'm waiting for the GSM version so I can only answer #1: the download rate depends on which carrier you're going to use it on. If you're getting the Sprint version (CDMA), people are posting download speeds of 90 - 114kbps. If you're waiting for the Cingular version (GSM), the download speeds will be the same (due to EDGE technology). If you're planning on buying an unlocked/unbranded GSM version to use with T-Mobile, you'll get around 40kbps (due to GPRS).
    No problem with the phone.....a few resets here and there mostly when I load third-party software. keep in mind that Sprint CDMA phones can NOT receive phone calls when you are on a data call.

I have both real player and pocket tune. Both sounds good to me with a nice set of ear buds. You get more options with PT.
    I think you should pick carriers based upon reception in your area - not based upon CDMA vs. GSM. If the reception is the same then you gotta look at the value of the service plans. I have Sprint. My wife has TMobile. I think my phone works better but she gets to roam when we go overseas.
    Great input..

i have a question myself. i'm using a dedicated palm pda (tungstenT) and i am wondering how much pda is there with the Treo650 ?

do you find the small(er) screen lacking ? is it a fully functional stand-alone-PDA ?

thanks for your thoughts on this
    Quote Originally Posted by skylab
    Great input..

i have a question myself. i'm using a dedicated palm pda (tungstenT) and i am wondering how much pda is there with the Treo650 ?

do you find the small(er) screen lacking ? is it a fully functional stand-alone-PDA ?

thanks for your thoughts on this
    It's basically the same functionality PDA-wise any Palm device. Smaller screen of course, but if I want real estate, I'll use my PPC.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."