Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ...of my Treo 180 killed by unsuccesfull GPRS upgrade.
    I have backup of original rom, made with JackSprat but it is bunch of *.pdb files, and have no idea how to flash that back to PDA, especcialy because Treo doesn't respond on hotsync attempts
    Could anyone help me please.
    I tried resetting the unit - i get to point where it asks "erase all data...press up for yes, any other for no", but after that unit get stuck on Palm logo and blinking square at top left corner. Should I look for new ROM image ? Any ideas ? Help
    ages ago i had a similar problem. i finally managed to do a successful reset, but do not remember how. i tried all sorts of resets, pressing all sorts of buttons in all sorts of combinations for various lengths of time and then finally managed it. sorry i dont remember exactly how i did it.
    another solution is to do a battery-drain reset. that means opening the unit and unplugging the battery for a couple of hours.
    wish you luck
  3.    #3  
    I did manage to flash the unit with a developer's edition of treo180 ROM, but now wireless won't work - can't find network
    I used palm rom upgrade utility (from palm website - it is actually utility for upgrading m500, but you can change rom file that's being flashed to unit)
    and placed the unit into "debug mode" by pressing&holding scroll down and reset button, and then release scroll down - you should see short line on the top of the screen. Now the unit is in debug mode and you can flash it with proper ROM image.

I guess I need proper ROM image of treo 180. Does anyone know where to find it ?
    if its a treo 180g that you've got, i could get its rom image for you. i just need to plug my old treo it back into my computer (right now it's main purpose is to beep when my breakfast egg is done). i probably have stored a rom-image or two ages ago, but in the data jungle which i try my utmost to keep an overview of, i am unable to find it. like i said, if you are sure that it really helps you, i'll acquaint myself with jacksprat again and suck the rom out of the 180g
  5.    #5  
    180g image would be GREAT . I would be really happy if I can get that image
    here's a rom image made by jacksprat
    180gRom , zip file, 2mb in size.
    hope it helps.
    and by the way, mine is a rom image of an already gprs updated treo, just for your info
    Last edited by jinx; 02/08/2006 at 02:08 AM.
  7.    #7  
    jinx thanks a lot. I repaired my treo with this image. Now everything works just fine
    glad to hear that my retired treo is still being of service
    Last edited by jinx; 02/02/2005 at 02:04 AM.
    i have the same problem !!!

HELP ME ...HOW TO FLASH THE ROM of my tréo 180 ??

i have the rom, the tréo but NOT the software to flash ???

What is the name of the software to FLASH the rom?

sorry for my language i am french. thank you for your help
    Last edited by Martin71; 01/11/2006 at 03:50 PM.
    the name of the software is "jacksprat". yo can get it here
    ???? are you sure ?

I can't hotsync my tréo 180, he not responding with the hotsynch.

i will FLASH the rom directly by the USB and a debugger.

for jacksprat i can upload this in the tréo but i can't

I have no HOTSYNCH !

the logo "palm powered" blinking dans i have not the management of the tréo.

thank you for your HELP

"DJURO" in this topic, flash this tréo directly with a ROM. not with JACKSPRAT !!! and he use the DEBUG MODE !
    not being able to hotsync with a treo 180 is a pretty hopeless situation. you have to hard reset it and try out all sorts of stuff so that at least you are able to transfer data to and from your device.
    frankly speaking, the treo180 is a pretty sweet device, but its utterly useless and full of faults. during my treo180 years, i had 5 gadgets in a span of 2 years.
    whatever the case. wish you luck
    arf no !!

I am desesperate !.
    He wants to know nothing.
    He(It) is recognized by Windows when I connect him(it) in USB but the logo flashes.
    He(It) is only recognized when I am debug mode.

When I am debug mode I just have a black line at the top has left of the screen.
    I have no other option.

There is you he a manip special to resume(to take back) the controle and credit note of the options?

I played with jackflash and jacksprat and it is the obtained result....

Sorry i use a translator !

thank you for your help
    if you really are desperate, then try all sorts of resets and if they dont work, open the treo and plug out the battery and let all memory escape and plug it back in again after a couple of hours and then hard reset again.
    i have been through so much drama with the treo180, often i did find a way to keep it going. so if you are a never give upper, the way i am, then go for the whole thing. you have nothing to lose.
    and by the way, your english is understandable :-)
    sorry for my English
    I already tested for the battery, I it left all the night but this morning nothing made there, SAME problem.

By the way, the translation of your English to French is understandable

:-)

thank you very much (you understand) LOL
    NEW !!
    with the debugger(palm debugger) i have this signal :

======================================================
    ===== Welcome to the Palm OS BigROM Debugger!! =====
    ========= Built: Nov 21 2002, 11:25:25 (UNI) =========
    ======================================================
    EXCEPTION ID = $A0
    'InitStage1'
    +$00D2 100087CC *MOVE.B D6,-(A7) | 1F06

How to FLASH my rom Please
    Last edited by Martin71; 01/12/2006 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djuro
    I used palm rom upgrade utility (from palm website - it is actually utility for upgrading m500, but you can change rom file that's being flashed to unit)
    and placed the unit into "debug mode" by pressing&holding scroll down and reset button, and then release scroll down - you should see short line on the top of the screen. Now the unit is in debug mode and you can flash it with proper ROM image.
    WHO IS THE PALM ROM UPDAGRE UTILITY for M500 ????
    help me
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    here's a rom image made by jacksprat
    180gRom , zip file, 2mb in size.
    hope it helps.
    and by the way, mine is a rom image of an already gprs updated treo, just for your info
    Dear Sir

your link for the treo rom image is dead can you please post it again my treo 180g is having the same problem . also advice how to reflash it to the device cause i dont have the jacksprat ......
    hey debasish, i am sorry, i don't have the treo180g rom image any more, nor do i have jacksprat. haven't been using my treo180 for ages. the hard drive containing the rom image+jacksprat crashed badly and i seem to have deleted the rom-imagefile from my webspace as well. i still have a half-way functioning treo180g, in case i get hold of the jacksprat program, i wouldn't mind extracting the rom image and sending it to you.
    okay, i have found jacksprat, and the link is alive again.
    long live the 1st. treo!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast