1.    #1  
    Has anybody tried syncing to Thunderbird email instead of outlook using only the palm software? Is this possible?

I have switched to TBird for my email but i was wondering if this will work too.

I'm really only looking to sync the contacts.
    I don't believe there are any conduits for that?

You may have to do it manually by importing/exporting between Outlook/Thunderbird.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Actually, in the world of Mozilla, you can sync your contacts. If you do decide to give it a try, make sure you copy your current contacts to an out of the way location to prevent them from being overwritten in a worst case senerio. I personally have not tried the contacts sync. Ben
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I tried to do the sync with Mozilla a few months ago, but it did not work with the Treo. I used to sync my Clie to Mozilla. I have not tried debugging it too much, since I can just export the Desktop into a .vcf and I wrote a little perl script to make it a Mozilla compatible .ldif file. It is a little more work, but I just don't have the time right now to debug the Mozilla conduit like I used to.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the responses. it might be a good app for someone to build...I think Mozilla is building momentum.
    Mozilla is working on a Calendar project (Sunbird), so I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before you're able to sync to Sunbird and Thunderbird.
    There is a Palm Sync Conduit install tool.

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozi...ml#extras_palm

I have seen a lot of people using it to sync addres books but many Thnderbird users are reporting that they have had to install the contacts sidebar to make it work. I also see a lot of people claiming that they can get mail on their 650's by telling versamail to uae Eudora,
    I have seen a lot of people using it to sync addres books but many Thnderbird users are reporting that they have had to install the contacts sidebar to make it work. I also see a lot of people claiming that they can get mail on their 650's by telling versamail to uae Eudora,
    By using the Eudora conduit you can get Thunderbird email to sync to Versamail. Agendus Mail (as well as the older Iambic Mail) will do a direct sync with Thunderbird.
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliefranke
    By using the Eudora conduit you can get Thunderbird email to sync to Versamail. Agendus Mail (as well as the older Iambic Mail) will do a direct sync with Thunderbird.

Thanks for confirming....is there a step by step available ? And does it only work w/ T bird or will Mozilla also work ?

Mail and Contacts is 2 outta 3.......now if I could just sync Calendar and ToDo I could lose Organizer and live happily ever after <g>.