1.    #1  
    It seems that the Treo 650's speaker phone cannot be used whille the stereo adaptor is plugged in and sending sound to your car speakers.

Does this work: Using the Treo 650 as an mp3 player through your car speakers and using your bluetooth headset to answer calls. Can I still answer calls with my Jabra FreeSpeak 250 while the stereo adaptor is plugged into the phone?

If so, this would seem like a much better solution than ripping out the stereo adaptor everytime we receive calls in the car while using the Treo 650 as an mp3 player.

Thoughts, does this work?

estwd
    estwd

I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.
    I've got that set-up exactly, and it's a thing of beauty. 650 plays music to stereo until a call comes in. Answer the call, and the phone automatically switches (after a 2-3 sec delay, which is a pain, but...) to the headset. Terminate the call, and music (pTunes, at least) resumes playing instantly. Very slick.
  3.    #3  
    So this worked flawlessly for you by answering with a bluetooth headset while the stereo adaptor is plugged in? Just trying to clearify.
    estwd

I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.