1.    #1  
    After getting the bad news that Cingular was going to charge $40 for their data plan I decided to order a Sprint Treo 650. Believe me when I say that I was scare at first. Yeah, I know I went to the dark side, but who cares if I'm getting a decent deal even when all this time I've only heard bad things about Sprint. Anyway, I got it on Tuesday and that night I did not go to bed until 4:00am. And woke up at 7:00am to go to work. Had a tough day at work that day...
    Next, day I finished loading all my apps. One by one. Registration is a pain in the ****.
    I even burn my ROM with Shadomite's ROM update and everything went sooo smooth. No problem at all. Well, BackupBuddy is a really good Buddy though.
    If you ever feel like putting Pocket Tunes in ROM, don't do it. It will fail.
    The weekend came and it was time to test the Treo to its fullest and it passed with an A. Great machine..!!! The only problem I'm having is running out of batteries too quick. I get not even 4 hours of full use of Vision and phone.

Everything else seems to work just great for now. No problems with roming, battery cover, p key or anything that a soft reset can't fix or a simple off and on Vision.

Thanks everyone for helping me pick all my applications that I have on my Treo. Now let me give my top ten apps.

1. SnapperMail
    2. VeriChat
    3. Win-Hand
    4. Blazer
    5. Pocket Tunes
    6. TreoGuard
    7. ZLauncher
    8. BackupBuddy
    9. DateBk5
    10. KBLightsOff
    11. Dimmer
    12. MS-Dict
    13. Splash-ID
    14. 4Cast
    15. Butler

Maybe I meant Top 15.

Al
    I am loving the treo as well
  3.    #3  
    It is amazing how many applications exist for the Treo. However, I'm looking for a few that I have not found yet. Anybody?
    -Call Log App kind of type: An app that keeps track of my minutes used, numbers called and does reports by month, billing cycle, etc. And all that in the Treo. I'm a WinXP user by the way.
    -Native HTML doc reader: Verichat keeps logs of all my sessions in html format and I would like to be able to read it in my Treo.
    -What was that App that dials a number from anywhere? and How does it do it?
    -Anything else that is really Treo specific would be nice to know.

Thanks,

Al
    Call plan app: two suggestions
    1.) Cell Plan 1.4 (on palmgear). I use it works fine.
    2.) DialStat. Used to be from Hexlet LLC, appears to now be owned by Normsoft makers of pocket tunes. Worked fine when I tried it a long time ago also.

Even though you get unlimited data, it's nice to see how much is being used. For that the best I've found is TrafficStat. Also used to be from Hexlet LLC, now from Normsoft. Works great, I've used it since early Treo 600 days.

I also suggest TreoSelect. It looks as a setting in Preferences. It allows you to select text from the keyboard without getting out the stylus. Latest version works fine with the Treo 650,

Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    It is amazing how many applications exist for the Treo. However, I'm looking for a few that I have not found yet. Anybody?
    -Call Log App kind of type: An app that keeps track of my minutes used, numbers called and does reports by month, billing cycle, etc. And all that in the Treo. I'm a WinXP user by the way.
    -Native HTML doc reader: Verichat keeps logs of all my sessions in html format and I would like to be able to read it in my Treo.
    -What was that App that dials a number from anywhere? and How does it do it?
    -Anything else that is really Treo specific would be nice to know.

Thanks,

Al
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I thought Cingular's data plan was $20. (MediaWorks) Did something change??
    Quote Originally Posted by acajigas
    Al
    Try MinutesPlus, which is freeware.
    True, MinutePlus is freeware. It depends on what works for you, I found the UI on MinutesPlus to be pretty bad compared to CellPlan. CellPlan lets you see the important stuff at a glance, I found MinutesPlus to be way too cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Try MinutesPlus, which is freeware.
  8.    #8  
    I have try them all to compare my minutes used and this is what I found:
    Last time I used my phone was more than 18 hours ago:
    -Sprint Peak Minutes used are: 90
    -Minutes Plus says: 93 (Very close, but probably needs some tweeking)
    -Cell Plan says: 95 (this is not too bad, but still 5 minutes away)
    -DialStat says: 68 (this is way too low. How can I make it go to 90)

All have the same configurations:
    Add Seconds to each call = 0
    Incoming Free = Frist minute

Any body has any suggestions,

Thanks,

Al
    had mine since late november...love it...runs perfectly
  10.    #10  
    How can I see a log of all my calls by minutes, dates and number called? Is there a program that does that? My old cellphone use to do that. I see the treo can give you dates and number called, but sometimes I would like to know how long I spoke with somebody (wife says I talk too much on my cell sometimes)

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    1. SnapperMail
    2. VeriChat
    3. Win-Hand
    4. Blazer
    5. Pocket Tunes
    6. TreoGuard
    7. ZLauncher
    8. BackupBuddy
    9. DateBk5
    10. KBLightsOff
    11. Dimmer
    12. MS-Dict
    13. Splash-ID
    14. 4Cast
    15. Butler
    Al
    pardon me, but I'm a Treo newbie... where can I get these apps? I am specifically interested in the KBLightsOff and Dimmer apps... the technical ones that enhance the operation of the unit itself. As far as applications such as Dictionary go, I know where to get those...

thanks,

srika
    Quote Originally Posted by srika
    pardon me, but I'm a Treo newbie... where can I get these apps? I am specifically interested in the KBLightsOff and Dimmer apps... the technical ones that enhance the operation of the unit itself. As far as applications such as Dictionary go, I know where to get those...

thanks,

srika

palmgear.com
    freewarepalm.com
    The info is in there, it's been hidden by Sprint. On a GSM phone you see the time also.

An easy way to do this is install one of the custom startup screens in this forum. They can show a different phone startup than Sprint (mine shows the default Treo one) but they have also been edited to allow the minutes to show up in the call log.

Take a look in this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=66781

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    How can I see a log of all my calls by minutes, dates and number called? Is there a program that does that? My old cellphone use to do that. I see the treo can give you dates and number called, but sometimes I would like to know how long I spoke with somebody (wife says I talk too much on my cell sometimes)

Al
    I switched to sprint on tuesday from cingular and love my 650. I found it was going to be cheaper with the data plan from sprint, and I also know that sprint is always the first carrier with new treo's, I can't stand waiting. This is the best palm and phone I have ever had. I have been a palm user since a vx. The screen is AMAZING, I had a tungsten t5 and was a little nervous cause my t5 always crashed, my 650 has not crashed once.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I switched to sprint on tuesday from cingular and love my 650. I found it was going to be cheaper with the data plan from sprint, and I also know that sprint is always the first carrier with new treo's, I can't stand waiting. This is the best palm and phone I have ever had. I have been a palm user since a vx. The screen is AMAZING, I had a tungsten t5 and was a little nervous cause my t5 always crashed, my 650 has not crashed once.
    I agree, this phone is AMAZING. I have had mine for about 3 weeks and am just starting to get my feet wet with the app side of it... just been playing with the already-installed features - eager to see what else this can do!!!

I find the battery life to be great, it's much better than previous PHONES I've had, which were not even PDA's...

srika
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    palmgear.com
    freewarepalm.com
    thanks for the links!!!