Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this phone (GSM model) was supposed to be able to play music files as ring tones. It's even in the manual but when I try to repeat whats in the manual on the phone the function seems to be blocked. Does anyone know why and how to work around this?
    just a little more details on what exactly you were trying to do and what happened. Was it a midi file, mp3, wav?
    The 650 can't natively play MP3s as ringtones. It can natively play MP3s as songs via Realplayer but not as ringtones. You can natively use MIDI, AMR, and WAV sounds as ringtones. To use MP3s you need to use third party software. Check the Treo utilities forum for this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have wave files on my sd card. how do I get to use them as ringtones natively?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I have wave files on my sd card. how do I get to use them as ringtones natively?
    I believe there are several ways to do this, but the easist for me is to just upload the wav to a webspace on the pc and download it via blazer. blazer will ask you if you want to accept the file as a ringtone and it should show up in your ringtones list.

I think you can also email the wav to yourself and accept the ringtone that way, but I've never tried it.
    -- berto
    Another way is to email the Wav file.
    Versamail gives you the option to install the wav into RAM when you tap to the left of the attachment.
    I dont think most 650 owners use versamail anymore and I am not sure if it works with other email apps.
    TreoGuard will let you use Pocket Tunes as a ringer. Only one song, not a song for every person that calls. I can assign any song on my SD card as a ringer. It will only start at the begining of the song though.
    apparently, if you send a wav or amr file to yourself, it can be selected as an individual ringtone (favourites). but then it won't play for me. strangely, the same ringtone will play if i run preferences application and set sounds and alerts.

does anyone else experience the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    take a look at wav2Tones ww.toysoft.ca it will convert yuor wav files to ARM then you can use it as ringtones.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by picturehause
    apparently, if you send a wav or amr file to yourself, it can be selected as an individual ringtone (favourites). but then it won't play for me. strangely, the same ringtone will play if i run preferences application and set sounds and alerts.

does anyone else experience the same thing?
    there appears to be a bug in the Phone application for favorite buttons with AMR ringtones. it works fine if you use it as the Known or Unknown callerID.

the workaround is to use a ringtone manager like Lightwav which can handle wav, mp3, midi/AMR files.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I use lightwav - works in conjunction with pocketTunes and so far its worked fine. This way I dont have to transfer any wav files to the phone's RAM. It works fine off the SD Card, however there is I suppose the chance that if the SD card is not in the phone that you may miss a call - seems like a minor technicality to me though.
    I have a phone created ringtone I recorded using the built in feature. Now, NO MATTER WHAT I do, the ring tone is ALWAYS that. I can change it, use third party apps, etc. Still it ALWAYS picks that same ringtone. What a piece of crap.
    Can you imagine what will happen if I erase it? I'm guessing the phone will melt.
    sheesh... 649 problems and counting....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    zorro869:

try deleting any third-party ringtone managers from the Treo. I was unable to change my Treo ring until I deleted Ringo (which I wasn't even using), then it worked perfectly.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I use mp3ringer (also from www.toysoft.ca), which seems to be a subset of Lightwav. It has the ability to copy MP3s to RAM and then play them from there via PocketTunes.
    check out ringo
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I second wolwol's advice to check out Ringo. It's a great app and I have never had any problems.
    IT DOES!!! Just convert the mp3 to amr using this small FREE app from Sony Ericsson and download it through an email! NO need for any 3rd party apps!!!!

http://www.miksoft.net/mobileAMRconverter.htm
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Thanks abarrios thats pretty kool
    All these hoops to do a basic funtion.

Well, what do you expect for $700 a device?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    But even with the new update, I can't assign AMR files to specific callers (only midi files work). I am not willing to pay extra for something that is suppose to work in the first place.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast