Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just installed the CK 3100 and my 650 is resetting whenever it tries to pair. Has anyone else found/fixed this problem? I should mention that my 650 sometimes soft resets when I power up my Sony HBH-660 headset as well (but it usually only does this once).
    Thanks.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I would start with a hard reset.
  3.    #3  
    Hard Reset didn't fix the problem.
    There is new car kit firmware out for the parrot ck series car kit.
    Did you update it? Are you at the latest level? Go to the parrot webpage and check it out.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
  5.    #5  
    I did the Parrot firmware update before I ever paired the phone. Still resetting.
    bump... Any more info on this thing? Considering buying one -- does anyone have one fully working?
  7.    #7  
    I have noticed that the problem got much better when I uninstalled Chatter email. Apparently, for some reason, the two conflict. Marc at Chatter says it's a PalmOne code issue. Still, even without Chatter there are some quirks that Parrot says they and Palm One are working on. Hopefully it's just an update away from being pretty great.
    Hard Reset didn't fix the problem.
    I have noticed that the problem got much better when I uninstalled Chatter email.
    I am thinking that you did a soft reset earlier, because chatter wouldnt have been there if you had done a hard reset.
    You should really try a hard reset, which should erase all phone data and programs. and then try it out. I am pretty sure you can then re sync to your profile to get everything back.

You are giving us hope , espically since I have a $300+ ck-3300 sitting on my dresser waiting to be installed....
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
  9.    #9  
    I did the hard reset. Then after trying it out for a while, I reinstalled Chatter. Things worked pretty well, but certainly not perfectly (the ocassional disconnect), until I reinstalled Chatter. Then it got weird again.
    How did it work with no chatter installed at all?
  11.    #11  
    better.
    Steve,

I also have the CK3100 and am having the same problem. I don't have chatter e-mail, just the regular VersaMail that comes with the Cingular 650. I'm going to try calling P1 tech support; will report back if they say something helpful.

Jon
    Parot appears to have a ck4100 on their website. It looks like it integrates into car's existing systems. Do you know if it works with the 2003 Range Rover?
    I just installed my prarrot ck-3300 (same as ck-3100+GPS)
    and I am not having the constant reset problems. I did not upgrade my parrot firmware yet. I do, however have the sprint bluetooth carkit update applied.

executive summary: I works incredibly well as a handsfree kit that is integrated into your stock sound system. The clarity/sound quality/audio integration is amazing! Bad points, right now you have to use the treo to initiate a call, but it will "transfer" control to the carkit automatically as it is connecting. Also incoming calls are transferred automatically to the carkit. You just cant initiate outgoing calls yet from the unit, but I still have alot of playing to do.....

It is equal to any hardwired carkit solution and I am waiting for patches, etc. to make it a killer app....

I will start another thread with pics, etc...
    car_designer
    I spoke with P1 tech support, performed a hard reset as they suggested, at which point it seemed to work fine. Then I synced, reloading data and programs, and voila! -- the problem is back. Now I'm on hold again with P1 . . .
    So I spoke to P1 tech support again. The fellow at the other end sensibly suggested that, since it works after a hard reset but not after I reload my data and programs, it must be a config problem with the reloaded files. He suggested trial and error to identify the problem file. I therefore made a list of all the deleteable files on my 650, then did a hard reset, made a list of all the files that remained, then resynced. After resyncing, I deleted all the files that I couldn't readily identify as being associated with a data program. (This, incidentally, freed up about 10mgs of space!) Then back to my car. No dice. Guess I have to wait until Monday to call tech support again. Really annoying!
  17.    #17  
    Make sure bluetooth is turned on and configured for the Parrot before you connect to the internet or initiate your email program. That seems to help. BTW, mine has been working better lately (fingers crossed). The one problem that I still have is that, when I receive a call-waiting incoming call, my volume is suddenly boosted and the volume knob on the Parrot no longer works until I terminate the call(s). It's anyone's guess what's causing that.
  18.    #18  
    By the way, I don't mean to denegrate Chatter. It's a fantastic program. I believe it's a PalmOne bluetooth issue.
    jsberck :
    I am having the same soft reset problem with my sprint 650 and the CK3100. I have uploaded the palmone 'sprint car kit' update, didn't help. I will try updating the CK3100's firmware tonight. Just wondered if you had gotten any further with the problem. BTW I use the versamail that came with the 650, don't have chatter e-mail installed.
    my ck-3300 is working well. in my treo I have discovery on but I have enable device name caching (in menus) DISABLED. I tried to enable it yesterday and I had all kinds of connectivity problems. give that a shot.
    car_designer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast