Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Four days later and still working!
    Hey, glad you discovered the 'odd character' problem. I had previously just gotten rid of my entire phone favorites database to get rid of the soft reset loop problem. I have now tried your version and gotten rid of any favorites that had anything but numbers in them. Phone works great! I'm glad to be able to get most of my favorites back. Thanks for your discovery !!!
    Steve L. - thank you very much!!! I had 2 contacts which had pauses encoded in them and when I changed them to remove the pauses, everything is working perfectly! As an FYI, I also use Chatter Email and it doesn't seem to affect the Parrot operation.
    Removing the pauses and extra digits solved my problem too! Thanks for helping us all out! Now it works great, and I've even programmed the voice commands successfully!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsberck
    Removing the pauses and extra digits solved my problem too! Thanks for helping us all out! Now it works great, and I've even programmed the voice commands successfully!
    This fix works for the Parrot DriveBlue, too. I was quite bummed that it seemed to crash every time I tried to program in a voice tag, until a friend asked me if there were any pauses in my speed dial entries.

This "remove the pauses from the speed dial entries if you're crashing when trying to program Handsfree voice tags" should be a sticky note if it isn't already... (Anyone know if this is a generic Treo handsfree bug or if it's unique to the Parrot devices?)

BTW, my DriveBlue is 3.13... anyone know where to get a "serial upgrade cable" to load 3.15? Does the CK3100 require the same cable? The Parrot web site mentions the cable but doesn't say anything about how to get one. Bummer you can't just update it over Bluetooth. I guess that would be too easy.
    The CK3100 updates over bluetooth -- took my laptop out to the car and it updated straight away, so no cable needed.
    The fact is the Bluetooth on the Treo 650 just out right sucks,
    I hear that palm is rewritng the bluetooth drivers on the treo and I hope this is the fix that we all have been waiting for, I have purchased the ck3300 with the gps and I tell you I love the parrot when it works, with the 650 its great but it disconnects all the time, when I use the gps with the laptop I can drive for hrs and never get disconnected, also my friend has a bluetooth phone and everytime he has been in my car his phone does not disconnect.
    there is not anything worse than making a phone call and having it disconnect all the time I fell like back in the day when the cell phone first came out and you would constantly get hungup on ...
    Oh an by the way my Boss would love to kill me if I hang up on him one more time... he is not falling for its the signal

so its not the parrot its the palm treo 650's bluetooth and I hope and pray its the drivers and not the device..
    just got the ck3100 installed on my honda accord 2005 with my verizon treo 650. the phone book and voice cmds were greyed out. parrot came installed at 1.10 software (i think).
    i upgraded the treo to version 1.04 (this includes the handsfree updates as well) (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html)
    and then encountered the continuos soft reset problem. i am so thankful to the person who discovered the pause issue as this fixed mine immediately.

after i removed the entry with pause the phonebook was already synced on the parrot.

i am off to try the voice cmds now to see if i can get that working.

many many thanks to all posters. without you i would have had zero chance of getting this far.

btw....installation cost turned out to be $225 on the honda. took 2.5 hours. this was in Nanuet, NY.

also using the Palm Treo 650 Bluetooth headset now. works well.

i hope the 1.04 code on the treo also takes care of the sporadic reboots i was getting.

thx
    ps
    actually parrot was at v4.11. the audio shop said i need 4.11 or higher for voice commands and phone book syncing to work. not sure if that is true or not.

all my contacts are now transferred and the voice dialing works a treat.

when i made my first voice recognition call it made all the effort worth it

very happy with the quality of the solution and my treo hasn't rebooted for 30 mins!

thx
    ps
    If you have commas for pause characters in your "more" button on the dial pad for each number, e.g. voicemail passwords, you will have this problem.

Take them out and you should be good to go. The 650 still will be flaky syncing with the Parrot from time to time or resetting. I think that is a Palm OS problem.
    I'm having similiar problems. Contacts are not sending and no voice recog. I'm on cingular and their programmed favorites buttons, ie check minutes, has astericks and pound symbols. Could those be causing me the problems? If so, how can those be corrected, I cant edit those numbers?
  12. noc
    does anybody know if latest update 1.20 for unlocked GSM finally resolves this issue and I can put my dialing strings back in?
    I would like to know as well...I'm not sure I'd want a Bluetooth kit if it means I can't use dialing strings. Has this issue been reported to Palm and Parrot?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan
    I would like to know as well...I'm not sure I'd want a Bluetooth kit if it means I can't use dialing strings. Has this issue been reported to Palm and Parrot?
    Numerous times. However I can say that when I went from the 650 to the 700, that was a non-issue, it will dial the extra digits and not reset the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JakiChan

I am using a Verizon Treo 650 with the CK3100. I DO have ,, in my dialing strings. Yet I notice, that the TREO 650 only reboots (once) if I make a change to any of the Favorites. After that initial reboot, it works fine and does not reboot until I make another change. Since it is very rare that I make changes to the Favorites buttons, this is quite workable.

The only minor issue that I have doscovered is that for some reason, the hardcoded Favorites Button for Voicemail (in which I do have the ,,) shows up as Poicemail (with the letter P instead of a V) on the Parrot. Strange!

Otherwise, so far so good
    Just an update for anyone who was wondering: The 700p has the same problem as the 650 did with dial strings and the ck3100. It resets just like the 650 did.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123