Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
    I did the 4.01b upgrade via bluetooth during lunch today. Still having the soft reset problems.
    Still have the soft reset problem. So far I have: updated the treo 650 firmware with the car kit upgrade from palmOne. Updated the CK3100 software to 4.01b. replaced all my versa mail files. Changed the device name caching (in menus) to both enabled and disabled. And it still does the soft resets whenever I get in my car. It seems to be in a loop of some kind, it resets about every 20 seconds. I have noticed that if I make a phone call (in between resets) that the call will work fine. Nothing resets for as long as I'm on the line. When I hang up, about half the time everything is fine, the other half I still get the resets. If the phone is turned off (treo still on) then there are no resets. I also tried it with a friends 650 and his does not have this problem in my car. Guess I will try to compare our software next. I tend to load my treo up with lots of 'extra' software. He on the other hand is a no frills guy, so not very much extra software.
    Anyone with any other ideas??
    I would do a hard reset and install xtra apps one at a time with a day or two of testing to determine compatibility.
    You will eventually discover the "bad" app
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    I was going to try that with adding a few apps at a time. Question, is there an easy way to do that. Someone told me to copy my backup folder then remove everything and start adding a few things at a time? Would that work? Do I only need to worry about apps (.prc) or databases also?
    I think you need to ask that question in the main 650 hardware forum. There are lots of very knowledge app problem solving people there.

If it were me, i would forget the backup folder. My most important stuff (contacts, calendars, appointments) can be resynced with outlook. I would then add aftermarket apps one by one, until i found the bad one.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
  6.    #26  
    Mine has been working better lately, but here's a new problem: Pretty regular disconnects -- even in good reception areas. Anyone else?
    Mine has been working better lately, but here's a new problem: Pretty regular disconnects -- even in good reception areas. Anyone else?
    I have had 2 or 3 random disconnects as well. I was first blaming them on signal reception/screen accidentally being hit or the other party, but I am not so sure...
    car_designer
    [If it were me, i would forget the backup folder. My most important stuff (contacts, calendars, appointments) can be resynced with outlook. I would then add aftermarket apps one by one, until i found the bad one.[/QUOTE]

I did the hard reset, cleared out my backup folder, and put back in the origional apps (that came with the treo). So far it has been working great. I will keep adding the 'extra' apps until it starts reseting again.

Maybe we can start a list of apps that seem to conflict with the ck3100.
    I'm very frustrated with my CK3100 and am tempted to have the whole thing pulled out. I live just outside of NYC and am tempted to drive to Parrot's US offices and demand that they fix it then and there.

That said, for no reason I can figure out, it is working somewhat better. Three out of four times, it performs only one soft reset upon entering my car and then works. Other times it gets into the soft reset loop.

On the thread about installing the CK3300, I picked up a couple of tips which I will try when I'm next in my car:

1. Disable "discoverable" on the Treo;
    2. Disable "name cache" in the BT settings on the Treo.

I'll try them singly and in combination and see if there's any diff and will post the results here.
    No go with either of the two tips. Arghghgh!
    No go with either of the two tips. Arghghgh!
    Is your 650 a virgin, or do you have aftermarket applications installed?

THe only "aftermarket" apps I have installed are Nesem and Tom Tom Navigator 2004, and mine is not resetting.

I have the sprint BT patch applied and my carkit firmware was upgraded to the latest version a few weeks back.

good luck
    car_designer
    Hey, think I figured out my soft reseting problem. I removed the file "CDMApatch.prc" from my backup folder, did a hard reset, resynced, now I have no more reset problems (three days in a row ) The file is installed with the latest "Roaming update" fix from Palm one. Hope this helps
    Steve P:

Hmmm. I have the Cingular GSM/GPRS version, so I don't have that patch . . .
    Oh well, the Gods are against me. It worked great for 3 days, then I posted the results, went away for the weekend and it went crazy again. It is now back to continous soft resets when I get in the car. I have started again from a hard reset and am keeping very close tabs on what gets installed.
    Maybe I can get it this time . . . . . .
    Hey I've noticed when I started moving apps to my SD card the phone would work much better. for some reason though, powerrun does not like the parrot ck3100 though, so i had to get rid of that.
    Finally figured out my soft resetting loop problem. Or at least how to make it stop. I was hoping someone could tell me why this works.
    If I remove the file "PhoneFavorites2DB" from the handheld (which removes my favorites from my phone dialing buttons), the treo stops the constant soft reset loop when I get into my car. The treo replaces the favorites with its stock favorites which don't seem to affect the reset problem. If I put any (even one) phone dialing favorite back into the treo, it starts the soft reset loop again. Remove the file and the problem goes away again. The only thing I can think of is that somehow when the CK3100 tries to upload the favorites into itself, that something causes the soft reset problem. At least this lets my treo work with the CK3100. But I would like to get my favorites back sometime . Anyone have any ideas what would cause this. Iím going to speak with the tech support at Parrot and see if they have any ideas.
  17.    #37  
    Well, I hope this adds a little insight: I finally had everything working pretty darn well on my set-up... until the new Rom update. Now, the dreaded soft reset loop has returned. I've tried deleting the bluetooth pairing on both the CK3100 and the Treo 650 and starting from scratch. Previously that fixed a problem I was having with frequent disconnects, but it's not solving this problem now.
    What is the affect of disabling device name caching? I read the manual and it talks about discovery being slower, but in practicality what does this do with bluetooth devices (headsets in particular)?
    Have you disabled the discovery option? Then turning it on once its paired? That seems to work with me everytime the treo keeps reseting. I will say this much, I have a feeling that the treo bluetooth is funky, because I've tried the Motorola Razor, Sony/ericsson phones, and a few others and they work perfectly fine. The treo on the other hand is just plain funky.
  20.    #40  
    It's too soon to tell, but I may have solved my problem. One of my speed dials was for my home voicemail. The number included a p (for pause) so that things timed out properly when entering my passcode. I suspected that the p possibly threw off the synchronization. I deleted this button and things seem to have settled (at least for now). Stay tuned.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast