Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a very annoying problem and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. When I get a phone call, if I don't hit either the "answer" or "ignore" button in time (several rings), the phone keeps ringing and won't stop (it's frozen) until a soft reset is done after taking the battery cover off. The person calling is put in voicemail. I have taken the phone to the Spring store and they have given me a new phone, but my new phone does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Larry
    drlarryr
    What if any software do you have installed?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Datebook 5; pocket quicken; phone tools; call shield; travel tracker. Not much else.
    Thanks,
    Larry
    drlarryr
    I would hard reset and start over without phone tools and call shield and take it from there. If it doesn't happen without them it's one of those. Make sre you test an incoming call immediately after your hard reset to make sure the phone works. That way you can verify it is a 3rd party software issue.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    How do I do a hard reset? Will it affect anything other than removing my downloaded software?
    Thanks,
    Larry
    drlarryr
    Quote Originally Posted by drlarryr
    How do I do a hard reset? Will it affect anything other than removing my downloaded software?
    Thanks,
    Larry
    It will restore your device to original state. All personal information will be lost. You should then restore one application at a time to determine which app is the cause.

Make sure you rename your backup directory on your pc before hotsyncing your device after hard reset. Backup directory is in c/programfiles/palmone/bp/backup

that way whatever is causing the problem won't be restored on your first hotsync. Rename it to "old" or something like that. then hotsync to restore contact and calendar data. Install apps one a time.

To hard reset.

1. hold red "end" button
    2. use stylus to reset while keeping red button down
    3 release button AFTER grey circle palmone logo appears and not earlier
    4. select up to erase data.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    It works and doesn't freeze now! Thanks for the advice. Now for the more tedious task of trying to find out which of the downloaded programs was the culprit.
    Thanks again,
    Larry
    drlarryr
    So, the device is so cool that it freezes
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I think it was either my call shield program or phonetools. Does anyone know of a good program for the 650 that upgrades the call log? The one installed doesn't even give the length of an incoming or outgoing call.
    Thanks,
    Larry
    drlarryr
  10. gdb
    Just curious: Were you using the 1.42T version of Phonetools? I am thinking about that when I get my 650...
    There is an important lesson in this and other threads: Until things stabalise a bit (an updated Palm ROM maybe?) and the 3rd party app developers have fixed all the problems in their apps on the 650, it is best to run with a minimal number of 3rd party apps. Especially avoid any apps that change the way the phone behaves. Any app that runs in the background monitoring for keypresses or other events are also suspect. I know this runs contrary to the way we are used to living with the flexible Palm OS, but it seems to be the best way to have a trouble-free experience with the Treo 650, at least for now.
    Regards
    Peter