1.    #1  
    Hi All,

So what's the final scoop on running the new Palm desktop (v5.x?) with the Treo 600? Is the version of Palm firmware that runs on the Treo 600 not up to snuff?

- Thanx
    - Jon
    The desktop version is of less importance. It is backward compatible for hotsynching so you can still hotsynch a palm OS3 or 4 devices, but will not change your T600 or upgrade its OS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    The desktop version is of less importance. It is backward compatible for hotsynching so you can still hotsynch a palm OS3 or 4 devices, but will not change your T600 or upgrade its OS.
    So do y'all run the new Desktop software or should I not bother?

- Jon
    I have this really bad habit of upgrading when a new release comes up regardless of whether the old is working or not. As stated above, they are backwards compatible and should not cause you any problems.

A suggestion though, read the docs! it is often to your advantage to uninstall the old release before installing the new release. Housekeeping is very important.

Ben
    i do not use the palm desktop to sync at all. i sync with my outlook (really can't live without outlook. d@mn MS! hehe)
    d@mn MS is right!
    Where did you find a new version of the Palm Desktop? When I looked at Palmone support downloads - the version available there is still 4.1 which is what came on the CD with my treo 600. Could you post the URL here pls? Thanks
    Satish Joshi
    The new Palm Desktop is probably one that comes with another Palm Device such as the Zire 72, T|T3/T5 and thay are using it with their Treo 600. I know I did not install the Palm Desktop software that came with my Treo 600, since I already had the Palm Desktop for my Zire 72 and just added a new profile/user when I connected my Treo 600 USB cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer
    Hi All,

So what's the final scoop on running the new Palm desktop (v5.x?) with the Treo 600? Is the version of Palm firmware that runs on the Treo 600 not up to snuff?

- Thanx
    - Jon
    Hi,

This is Kevin from palmOne. Perhaps I can help clear things up. If I'm reading the question incorrectly, apologies.
    The latest Palm Desktop software version is 4.1.
    The Palm OS, which runs on the device, is version 5.2.1H

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    The Palm OS, which runs on the device, is version 5.2.1H
    In [menu][info][version], mine says 5.2.1, what's the H version?

- Jon
    I would guess that "H" has some custom work in the OS to support the phone, initially introduced by "Handspring". Of course, I'm probably wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by shaber
    I would guess that "H" has some custom work in the OS to support the phone, initially introduced by "Handspring". Of course, I'm probably wrong!
    No, you're correct.
    The H designation means it is a Handspring modified ROM. It is just a historic hangover from the Handspring days.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/