1.    #1  
    I've got Audible installed on both the PC laptop & treo 650. I can download an audiobook into the treo device itself with no problems. The Audible Manger on the PC properly reads the used/availbe amounts of my SD card (1gb) but if I attempt to write to the SD card, either thru the treo or an SD card reader, I get this error (and I get it quickly):

Device Specific Error:
    Failed to communicated with your device

Hmmm, sudden thought (swap 512MB SD 32x card into treo)

Well I'll be damned, that's the problem. Crap, I've been screwing with this for about 90 minutes ... installing, reinstalling ... wtf?
    I have 1G on my 600 and a Mac with no problem.
    Check the tech FAQ's at audible.com
  3.    #3  
    I did, extensively, and found the Audible.com support site sub-par (to be nice). All I know is that I can copy audiobooks to the internal memory, to the 512MB 32x card but not to the 1gb card (standard speed). The 1gb card has about 700mb of music on it already ... This definitely seems to be an issue with the Audible Manager, and your success on the Mac reinforces that opinion.
    I have been putting books on my 1gb SD card for a few weeks now. Every now and then I have to restart my computer to get Audible to recognize my Treo 650.
    Word of warning, Audible email support is even worse than their FAQ.
    My Audible software is somewhat buggy. Sometimes I need to restart the Audible software or even reboot my computer for it to transfer stuff to the card. After some effort it usually works, though, so I haven't bothered with it too much.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I had the same problem until I completely re-formatted the card...hope this helps
    Does the Audible version for the 650 support background play? I thought I read somewhere that an updated version of the .prc didn't support it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think I have the lastest version of Audible (v2.5) and it does support background play.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Cool, thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    But can you get Audible to play in the background on your Treo600 or 650? I can't. Drives me nuts.

Audible could a ton of subs if they would just learn to simplify the interface and process (oh and better support would help too).

BTW - I have V2.5 with "Enable Background Playback" selected.

Dustin
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I put audible books on a 1 GB card on my T600 with little problem. Occasionally Audible Manager stops recognizing the device, but exiting and relaunching Audible Manager on the PC fixes it.