Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    I was able to install just fine using the PSI. I hotsynched the psi installer, then emailed the java file to myself, downloaded it via versamail, and it installed with no hassles.
    on the 600 or 650?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    on the 600 or 650?
    I decided to take a look at the PSI file and saw that it is just a .ZIP file renamed, so it can be saved to an SD card and opened with any unzipper like HandZipper or LightNZip. The PSI installer does just this, but it requires the extra bit of memory plus the desktop conduit.
    Hope this helps...
    -- S8C
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I finally got it work!!! Here are some step by step instructions :

1) Go to this website http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/java/ If not registered make sure you do that first its free. Click Java Palm Garnet Toolkit
    Download the .psi "IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Edition for PalmOne devices Release 5.7.1"

2) On the same page, download the "PSI runtime" which is the PalmSource Installer, otherwise you wont be able to hotsyc the next file in step 3
    Unzip, then got the file "Desktop Installer" double click the PSISetup icon to run the installer Wizard.

3) Now you go to "IBM_ WEME_PalmOne_5_7_1" file from step 1, double click and Hotsync.

4) Install any Java app you like, I recommend Reqwireless Webviewer an amazingly fast web browser http://www.reqwireless.com/download-webviewer.html Make sure its the PalmOne version.
    Last edited by migs; 01/31/2005 at 12:45 AM.
    so - what does this give you?

(talk in simple terms, please)

Quote Originally Posted by mostlymac
    Any way for us Mac users to install this?
    Rename the PSI file so that it has a .ZIP extension, then uncompress the ZIP with any unarchiver you like. You can then install the enclosed PRC files to your handheld.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone

Yeah, anyone? So once the java stuff is installed, we can use any java software on the Treo?
    are java apps "better" or free?

come to think of it, I haven't even seen any - where do you find them?

also - do they hotsync like any normal palm app?
    Quote Originally Posted by migs

4) Install any Java app you like, I recommend Reqwireless Webviewer an amazingly fast web browser http://www.reqwireless.com/download-webviewer.html Make sure its the PalmOne version.
    Got java working, but Webviewer seems to have a proxy server hardcoded in - anyone know how to change this?

Personally, I'm mostly happy with Blazer, just wish I could disable its proxy without disabling Sprint Vision. Xiino seems to be the only browser I've tried that doesn't hard code a proxy server.
    Hmm, actually, Xiino seems to go through a proxy server as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by megaphone

I haven't played with Java/Palm/Eclipse in a while, but what this gets us is a pretty powerful development environment (WebSphere Studio Device Developer/Eclipse), with a Java runtime. So developers can develop for the Palm (or phones, pocket PC's, etc.), and end-users can run other Java programs.

I'm about to start digging into this again (I played with WSDD last year, but didn't have my Treo then, only my trusty Visor Prism, so memory was always an issue).
    bleh
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    can someone see if they can convert and run this?

http://java.pcslab.com/sta_java/sams...mobitv-v23.jad
    Thanks to this post...and some poking around with the files and web site...I was able to make SOME progress...Here's as far as I got on this...it runs! but that's it....I only did the "TRIAL" verison...don't want any legal hassles...

But...C'MON MobiTV...how hard could this be now that there's Java for the Treo!

p.s. I tried this on a T650...perhaps someone else can figure out how to get it workin 100%
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by treonew
    Thanks to this post...and some poking around with the files and web site...I was able to make SOME progress...Here's as far as I got on this...it runs! but that's it....I only did the "TRIAL" verison...don't want any legal hassles...

p.s. I tried this on a T650...perhaps someone else can figure out how to get it workin 100%
    thanks for troubling with that. I've got it installed. Are you able to get a demo feed running?
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    thanks for troubling with that. I've got it installed. Are you able to get a demo feed running?
    great job...but not complete yet. I was able to load and run it but no video feed. I can go through all the menu and I see a small screen on top center but no video. its more like when your tv is on but no signal.
    Installed but no signal...
    Quote Originally Posted by treonew

Can you try this one..

http://java.pcslab.com/sta_java/sams...rm-2.66.63.jad
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode

actually I think they are the same..nevermind
    I've tried all of them...and the other VERY insteresting things on that site...
    ...something called "GPSlocation" even... ;-) That was Samsung specific though...

Actually I think the MobiTV is also Samsung specific...there was a generic version and an A790 version...they seem to download the TV stream jsut fine...but the video doesn't play.
    How does this mobi tv trial link work? It seems to load up and connect to pcs but then does not do anything else?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Treoguy1234; 02/11/2005 at 12:56 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast