1.    #1  
    I just left Fry's in Fountain Valley. The showed in stock at several in Orange County. They have the 2 GIG Ultra II SanDisk that we were waiting for. I don't have my 650 so I didn't buy it and the fact they want $209.99. Which works out to be $40 more expensive than CDWG BEFORE tax. I hope someone gets one and reports on if it works or not.
    Wow, $209.99? Hmmm... I'll head over to Fry's right now and see if I have the will power to hold back and wait for a better sale.

Thanks for the 411, cglaguna.
  3.    #3  
    We still need someone to tell us if 2 gigs works in the Treo or not.
    That works out roughly to 261$CAD...

At a computer store near my housei Ottawa i can actually get it for cheaper: 245.87CAD which is about 198.50USD...so hmm not bad...

but yeah thats a great question of course if the 2gig card works or not...im pretty sure it does..but at adequate to good speeds...
    Too expensive. Wait till they come down in price or have some big mail-in rebate.

Btw, I imagine USB card reader/writers, if you use them, should be replaced with ones that can accommodate the Ultra II speed.
    Last night I called up a bunch of Fry's around my area (San Jose, Sunnyvale, Fremont, Campbell, and Palo Alto) and none them has them in stock yet. I asked what the price is going to be once they're in and they all said "$199.99." I would've bought it last night if they were in stock. Gotta make use of my $60 Fry's gift certificate.
    LOL, TR. The best value of a $60 gift card is to use it to get something for $60
    Haha... true. But all the things I need/want right now are over $60, so I'll be using it as an instant rebate. This instant rebate is either going to be used on the 2GB Ultra II card or the Jabra BT800, whichever Fry's will have in stock first. Looks like the 2GB Ultra II will be the winner.
    2GB Ultra II Secure Digital SD Card - 174.95

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=505822
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey

Is it in stock?
    I Guess I'll find out tommorow.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey

Not in stock there. It is arriving tomorrow at CDW or CDWG depending who order through. The had back order of 129 and are getting 109. I ordered today and will get next batch on the 10th. $170.00 gov't.
    Since all the 1 Gig Ultra II cards are sold out, do you think the Sandisk 2GB Ultra II Compact Flash Card, Model SDCFH-2048-901*is worth it for $164.91? Personally, unless I was watching movies or replaced my iPod with music and audio books, I doubt I would use all the extra space. Is that an accurate assessment?
    Last edited by MacUser; 02/01/2005 at 05:53 PM.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Since all the 1 Gig Ultra II cards are sold out, do you think the Sandisk 2GB Ultra II Compact Flash Card, Model SDCFH-2048-901*is worth it for $164.91? Personally, unless I was watching movies or replaced my iPod with music and audio books, I doubt I would all the extra space. Is that an accurate assessment?
    Good question. My philosphy is :
    I have a I-shuffle 1 gig, I love. Plan to use for skiing, at work (flash drive), boating, jogging and gym.

Treo: Because of memory issue, I am not going to be able to change cards and have full access to all apps, so I better plan on using primarily 1 card.

I think I want to have some music in the Treo, use it for some video and pictures. I am a clutter hound, I don't know, maybe it's over kill. But since I am big into photography and the new Canon Digital SLR's are using SD now, I am safe.