1. MVP
    Do the Cingular Treo 650s come unlocked? If not where can I get one. I travel over seas alot and need to be able to pop in different prepaid GSM SIM cards depending on my travels. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Try searching around first. Either way no one knows for sure anyway. My guess is it'll be locked.
    Look in the "I will wait for GSM, Who's with me?" thread. It is discussed in there.
    Why are there SO many people who ask if the Cingular Treo 650's will be unlocked?? If they read through this forum, they'll see that it is LOCKED.

(Sorry, I usually don't say anything but this one question is getting ridiculous)
    Locked...
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    why cant you put a gsm sim in a regular treo?
    mt
    So you can't buy a cingular branded phone at the cingular discount, cancel your cingular service, then take your winnings and go to T-mobile. Among other reasons.
    they are doing what t-mobile does and after 90 days of haveing your account they will unlock you locked phone i'm not sure how it will work with the treo
    Seems a proper posting for the Marketplace.
    Get it now on P1 website UNLOCKED for $599!
    Via this thread in te US GSM section, someone who received their Cingular Wireless GSM Treo 650 was able to pop in and USE their T-Mobile and AT&T Sim cards!

Looks like the Cingular phone may be unlocked after all, despite all the word otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Via this thread in te US GSM section, someone who received their Cingular Wireless GSM Treo 650 was able to pop in and USE their T-Mobile and AT&T Sim cards!

Looks like the Cingular phone may be unlocked after all, despite all the word otherwise!
    here's a quote from palmOne store

Models with mobile service provided by Cingular Wireless (including former AT&T Wireless) and Sprint are locked to work only with SIM cards and/or service plans from that specific mobile service provider.