1.    #1  
    1) No 5 way support, have to use stylus or poke screen repeatedly with your finger to make a selection.
    2) No cut & Paste support, have to remember address and re-enter if it isn't in your contacts.
    3) Direction indicator (next turn etc.) takes up over half the screen whne you use directions & GPS, you're left with a map window 1" high, if you press select to see all the map then no active guidence/voice prompts
    4) Can't change defaults, directions defaults to ludicrously large scale, voice prompt (even on lowest scale) are far too frequent.
    5) Contacts look-up is variable at best, often it finds the address for a contact but then can't select it as a destination.
    6) Can't remap buttons
    7) If you leave to make a call (not receive one) you have to set up the navigation again.
    If only the Mapopolis folks would spend time/effort solving even the basic UI problems then they'd have a great product, as it is it drives me nuts as the UI is terrible.
  2.    #2  
    Starting this thread with the hope that the developer will pay attention to common issues and fix them, like the P1 650 threads!
    I would add a second to the following:

7) If you leave to make a call (not receive one) you have to set up the navigation again.
    1) No 5 way support, have to use stylus or poke screen repeatedly with your finger to make a selection.
    2) No cut & Paste support, have to remember address and re-enter if it isn't in your contacts.
    Been using Mapopolis for about 2 months now. Have to say, for $195 total package it's a good deal. There are A LOT of issues that need to be fixed. I agree with your assesments above.

I have found a way around the problem that you need to set up the navigation again after you go to make a phone call. I set it to turn on GPS at start and to regenerate route at start.

I am on the road all day, and I need to make calls to my next appointment... this works very well. You just can't start up Mapopolis when it's not connected to the GPS unit.

Also, don't disconnect the unit from the GPS until you have exited the program or stopped the GPS. It is a nasty issue.

**I heard somewhere that the developer's wife has a Treo and they are especially attentive to problems with them.

If there is one thing they need to fix, I pick having the 5-way navigation work!

That's my two cents. (Do I have change coming?)

-Patrick
    Need gift ideas?

Check out www.mynextclick.com

StarTac -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 600
    5-way navigation support, as well as the ability to play incoming calls via the speaker by default (otherwise you have to use an earbud), as well as route to/avoid are three features I would really like to see.

Of course, they are on the to-do list, but there's no telling when they'll become a reality.
    1. I would add that the text is barely readable on the Treo 650. It's fine when you're not driving, but on the road even the bold font is impossible to read. This is particularly true for the "popup" items and for the "Display Pilot Data" which would otherwise be useful information.

2. Likewise, I'd like to be able to move the map to "look ahead" when I want to so I can see the roads ahead (which is supported using the five-way) but get more than 3-4 seconds before it pops back to the current GPS location.