1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am currently using a pair of inner ear stereo earphones in conjunction with a Seidio 2-in-1 adapter; however, the cabling is too long when I combine the two of them together, so I am looking for good stereo earphones with a shot cable (preferably with straight connector) to shorten the length and be perfectly usable...

any ideas?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Sony make a set for ipods etc x71 which have cable than can disconnected and made shorter
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I used to have a pair of seidio headphones that were retractable (until my purse got stolen, with my treo still inside it!....but that is a story for another thread). I really like those. You don't need the adapter, and the retractable part (if I remember right) could click stop at two different points making three different lengths of cable.
    Why don't you get a bluetooth stereo headset? Has anyone tried these? I forget which thread I posted the link at.
    The 600 doesnt support Bluetooth
    To listen to MP3's, I just got a pair of the JAVOeBuds earphones with the 2.5mm stereo plug that fits the Treo600's jack. They are retractable (and even at full length, shorter than I expected). Most important to me was the fact that they do work with the Treo600, as I've heard of headphones with incorrect impedances that don't trigger the sound to the headphone rather than speaker. My $.02: Sound is excellent, headphone jack doesn't interfere with the charging port, and the retraction is slick. However, I still may try the OEM headphones from Handspring, because the retractable JAVOEdge "wheel" in the middle of the cord bounces up and down during my workout.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I second the Sony recommendation. I use a pair of these (and also Etymotic E4). The sony cable is in two pieces, and the part adjacent to the earbuds is quite short. The sound is more than acceptable. Being "canalphones", they will offer higher quality sound than any regular earbuds out there (quality is on par with high end headphones).
    Vince
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    The 600 doesnt support Bluetooth
    Neither does the 650 for stereo audio over BT. You could get a dongle, but then what's the point?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $BT$ $device$ ($aka$ $T650$) $must$ $support$ $BT$ $1$.$2$ $spec$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $transmit$ $in$ $stereo$- $this$ $has$ $been$ $discussed$ $elsewhere$.
  9.    #9  
    thanks for the suggestions. I will look more into the sony option or even go with a pair of apple ipod earphones...people say good things about those (the inner ear ones).
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parasitic
    thanks for the suggestions. I will look more into the sony option or even go with a pair of apple ipod earphones...people say good things about those (the inner ear ones).
    Go with the Sony's over the Apple if you like bass.

My local apple store sells both

I use Shure eC3's and Etymotic 4p's (the best) but they cannot be shortened, and I think that your thread was orginally about.
    Can someone post a link to the Sony earbuds please. THX
    Sennheiser is well known for their headphones. I've been thinking about getting a pair of the MX-500 ... I've got a pair of Sony ear buds (not sure of the model #) and have been considering trying the Sennheiser ones.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)