Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Glad to report that the previous battery drain problem that I had has not persisted. I'm not sure what the problem was but I don't think it was chatter's fault. Latest versions of Chatter seem to be very stable. New icons are great. Load more and attachment improvements are amazing. All i need is a spam filter, just kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    tyler - Have you seen that in 20.8?

Marc
    Yes, I am still seeing the "Wait" message fairly regularly. I seem to be missing an unusual number of calls, since the arrows are green during the wait time.

I have not see crashing today like I did yesterday, so it seems that though the wait issue remains the stability is better.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    I did a little more experimenting. I am seeing semi-regular green arrows (connected to one Fastmail account with 5 folders that I sync to). I'd estimate that the arrows turn green every two or three minutes. When I enter Chatter to see what might be going on. Nothing is apparent. No email comes in, and I haven't seen the "waiting" message.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
  4.    #84  
    tyler - That's a lot of online folders (assuming they're all online), and I'd expect activity every few minutes in that case. If you're trying to save battery, I'd just ask whether they all need to be "online". Are they all receiving mail?

Marc
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    tyler - That's a lot of online folders (assuming they're all online), and I'd expect activity every few minutes in that case. If you're trying to save battery, I'd just ask whether they all need to be "online". Are they all receiving mail?

Marc
    Marc

when you have multiple online folders for the same account, does Chatter open a single connection to the IMAP server, or one per folder?? I would hope the former, but from observation, it appears to be the latter. I am pretty sure that at least some of the IMAP servers can monitor a tree of subfolders.

I have multiple folders receiving email for my account thanks to server side filtering.

Dave
  6.    #86  
    Yes, each online folder has its own connection to the server and no, there's no mechanism in IMAP for monitoring multiple folders.

Marc
    All the folders are online, but I am like Dave in that they are for filtering. I have several email addresses forwarding to one fastmail account, then I am filtering them back out by address. This is not critical it is just tidy. I can go down to two or three folders with little change in convenience, or perhaps autosync a few of them instead of push. I'll experiment and let you know how that affects things.

Thanks, as always!
  8.    #88  
    Ok, no problem. BTW, if you have folders syncing at the same interval (say, 30 minutes), they will sync "together" to save battery life.

Marc
    Just noticed a small problem related to the new "scroll-to-link" feature. Once you start scrolling the message body, the OK button loses its focus. This makes sense if scroll-to-link is enabled, as the link now gets the focus. But this is sort of annoying if scroll-to-link is disabled - CE used to keep the focus on the OK button even if you were scrolling the message, which I felt was a great feature - it allowed you to dismiss the message with only one button press. Now it takes an extra step to select the OK button with the directional buttons. This is only a minor inconvenience but a very noticible one!

I hope this makes sense....

BTW I for one am pretty excited about the pending 1.0 release!!
  10.    #90  
    Yes, this is fixed in the next version...

Marc
    Is it possible to change the icon for chatter to a transparent background. It shows up funny in 2day.
  12.    #92  
    LouisW - Are you on a 600 or 650?

Marc
    Marc,

After a few days with my online folders down to two, and two qsync'ing at the same time (thanks for that tip), all seems well. Less green arrows, and I only have seen the wait message twice. Once after making some mailbox edits, and once when I tried to do some mailing after Chatter was asleep.
    Last edited by tyler; 02/07/2005 at 09:59 AM.
    I am on a 650.
  15.    #95  
    Hi, Louis. I guess I'll have to get 2day to see what's up with that... Is this the "small" icon or the larger one?

Marc
    larger one
  17.    #97  
    Is it fixed in 1.0? Transparency was set up wrong.

Marc
    Is it fixed in 1.0? Transparency was set up wrong.

Marc
    It is fixed now.

thanks,
    Lou
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345