Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I haven't had a problem with GPRS login since you said you might have fixed that, Marc.

But, also one of the things I have done is to stop my continuous connection in Verichat (instant messaging app I use). It has a data "always on" mode which I was using, and it tries to login if GPRS gets disconnected.

I am going to try turning it back on and see if that causes the problems again. If it does, I guess I need to report that to the Verichat folks.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  2.    #62  
    Great!

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by biggreg
    I've only been running Chatter for a little over a day. When it works, it's awesome, but I've had it lock up and suck down my battery twice. I'm running 1.0b20.5.

Both times, even though I already have 2 grey arrows over my singal strength bars, chatter has tried connecting to vision. The LED goes red sits there apparently trying to connect, basically locking the device up except for the "cancel" button. Clicking cancel did actually cancel after a few seconds, then I got the option to try again or stop trying. Trying again (the couple times I tried) never worked. I got things working again by cancelling and power-cycling the radio.

Is this the same issue referred to in the changelog for 1.0b20, and is there any fix? I didn't see anything that looked related between b20.5 and b20.6, so I haven't tried updating that.

Both times this happened my signal meter showed 1-2 bars, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Greg

Since upgrading b20.3, I've notice battery drain to be greater. By early evening I am down to the redzone, which never happened before. Not sure if it is chatter, but that is the only change I've made recently. One thing that may be contributing to this problem is that chatter will occasionally (and not predictably) turn on the screen, even though I have background notifications turned off. I havent had this problem before. I will try upgrading the most recent version and see if these problems persist.
  4.    #64  
    ephman - There's a new checkbox that's probably checked - "Light LCD if Tone" which forces the display on when it's playing a tone (to prevent the tone getting clipped) -- this is a workaround that's not optimal. You can just uncheck the box if you like.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    ephman - There's a new checkbox that's probably checked - "Light LCD if Tone" which forces the display on when it's playing a tone (to prevent the tone getting clipped) -- this is a workaround that's not optimal. You can just uncheck the box if you like.

Marc
    If you are talking about the Notifications preference setting, it is not checked. I will see if this continues to happen. Thanks.
  6.    #66  
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I'm unaware of other issues related to the display lighting.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    One thing that may be contributing to this problem is that chatter will occasionally (and not predictably) turn on the screen, even though I have background notifications turned off.
    Do you have Butler installed? When I used that, it used to flash the screen periodically, even though I think I had it set correctly not to. (There are newer versions of this which I haven't tried, though.)
    Marc,

FYI, I have tried sending you emails at announcements@imchatter.com but they keep getting bounced back. It's something about:

<xx_xxxxxx@chatter.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com>: Relay access denied

x's substituted for anonymity
    Well of course not! it says right on the announcements not to reply to the mass mailing address. you can reach him several ways. I do not have all his addresses in front of me but the one that pops up in chatter itself is chatteremail@imap.cc You can also type bug in the console and an email addressed to him ppps up automatically. the top of this forum has an address also. the only one that doesn't work is the one you tried.
    I've discovered a minor sorting bug in 20.7. I have received an email that has a date in the subject line of 2/7/05. Despite the fact that it is not the latest email I have received, it sorts as such presumably because of the date in the subject line..

EDIT: USER ERROR! I apparently had accidentally hit "Sort by Name". Oops! Sorry.
    Last edited by tyler; 02/03/2005 at 02:40 PM.
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    [i]* Failing email sends now pop up error messages, even when not in CE. Previously, they could be missed and you wouldn't know a message had failed to send.[-i]

I have yet to get this to work. I'm now using 20.7 (upgraded from 20.5).

I've been having problems with my ISP's SMTP server (Comcast: smtp.comcast.net). It will intermittently fail to connect, even though I have set CE to do as many as 10 attempts. When it finally fails, I would expect to see the pop up error message, but instead, Chatter resets the Treo.

I did try upgrading to 20.6, but backed off of it when I encountered the same problem, although I didn't realize that was it, at the time.

Can anyone else confirm this as a problem?

The Treo's System Error Log reports:

A reset was caused on 2/3/05 at 11:55am while running "<unknown application>": Fatal Exception

Because it's "unknown application", I can't say for certain that it's CE, but CE is the only thing I've added to the device since this problem started, and the problem didn't exist prior to 20.6/7. I ran 20.5 without the resets when I had connection problems to the same SMTP server.

Anyone else seeing this?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I have no info on connections but I do know the popup on failing emails works under at least some conditions because I got one.
    I have seen some strange Chatter behavior lately, and don't know if it is my local Sprint network, my mail server, Chatter, or me.

I am seeing regular "waiting" messages in Chatter, and it seems, though I can't definitively prove it, that a crash occurs on the event of my next phone call.

Thoughts?
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
  14.    #74  
    tyler - Have you seen that in 20.8?

Marc
  15.    #75  
    insp_gadget - Bluetooth?

Marc
    insp_gadget - Bluetooth?

Marc
    I have a 650 that has bluetooth. What about it? Is there a known conflict with Bluetooth? Something I missed in the docs?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  17.    #77  
    insp_gadget - Some people have reported crashes if Bluetooth is enabled. This was reported to me maybe a week ago.

Marc
    insp_gadget - Some people have reported crashes if Bluetooth is enabled. This was reported to me maybe a week ago.

Marc
    Ahhh, I'll have to check and get back to you. I think it may have been enabled at the time, but I need to do a REAL check to see.

BTW, I'm going to perform this test with 20.8. If I don't have any problems, then I hope we can assume 20.8 fixed it.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 02/03/2005 at 03:51 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Well, I've tried several tests since upgrading to 20.8. I haven't been able to reproduce the crashing that was happening in 20.6/7.

I tried using my ISP's "faulty" SMTP server to force a timeout situation when sending mail. I did this while Bluetooth was on, and again with BT off. I also tried with BT on and the headset off. In none of the instances did the Treo reset.

So, it appears that whatever was causing the crashes (for me) has disappeared with the introduction of 20.8.

As I've said before, great product, Marc! When a product is as good as this, I have no problem working through a few beta "issues".

P.S. I've ditched my crappy ISP's e-mail and I'm now using a Fastmail account exclusively. It simply wasn't worth the hassle.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

20.    #80  
    Glad to hear it!

Marc
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast