Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Chatter doesn't run on other than Treo's.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Chatter doesn't run on other than Treo's.
    Marc
    Ah... Well, I'll have to wait till Tuesday. Thanks and sorry for "intruding".
    L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    New icons are SHARP!
    ditto....new icons are even better than the others!
    Thank yew. I got to get to work on those message view ones, though. 1.0's right around the corner!
    Every time I think this is the best app for Treo ... this just gets even better. As a first time Treo user, I am not sure if I would have been that impressed without Chatter. Now with these hi-res icons, Chatter blows others away in my opinion. Once those message navigation icons are improved (left/right arrows, reply, reply all and delete buttons), Chatter is, without a doubt, my favorite app for Treo.
  7.    #27  
    vjslater - It's coming!

Marc
    Marc/Greg the new icons look fantastic.

Marc, 1.0b20.2 works just great from the rom, FYI

Keep up the good work.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Ten minutes ago, on b20.1, I was bummed: url links didn't work in a message I was viewing.

Then I install this morning's latest: b20.2.

Can't beat psychic customer support, eh?
    I find in recent versions of Chatter that the "OK" button doesn't seem to work when there is a the popup notification of a new message. I can highlight the button, but pressing the center button on the 5 way doesn't do anything.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I haven't had the network connection problems I was having in the last 2 or 3 recent versions. I am in bad service areas sporadically, so it is not so easy to test or reproduce, but Friday I was a the gym where that usually happens, and it didn't. And I did notice the signal strength go to zero bars at one point.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Marc,

A great app that just keeps getting better. Thanks for the cool Icons and I agree with everyone else. The issue with Chatter in a poor signal strenght area is much improved.
    ChatterEmail 1.0b20.2 won't install for me ... I keep getting this odd "file already exists" message. Any idea what is up? Am I doing something wrong? I did a reset before I intsalled it... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    I find in recent versions of Chatter that the "OK" button doesn't seem to work when there is a the popup notification of a new message. I can highlight the button, but pressing the center button on the 5 way doesn't do anything.

-Sim
    This seems to still happen in b20.2 which I am running right now. I did notice that it was supposed to be fixed in b20.1, but I still am seeing the problem.

OK, now I am off to run more poor signal reception performance tests. (Heading to the gym. )

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  15.    #35  
    gecko - Oops... Got it this time (for 1.0b20.3... probably tom'w)

Marc
    Greetings all -
    I just installed chattermail for the first time, I've been surfing trying to find a good replacement for versamail that came w/my 650 and chattermail sounded ideal.

The only problem is that when I launch chattermail, it causes my treo to reboot. I've created two mail accounts, one accessible via the normal network and through vpn, the 2nd through vpn only. I don't care if it doesn't grab e-mail if the vpn tunnel is not up, so that's fine. But the reboots. Any one have any suggestions?
    I've reinstalled it 3x already.
    Thanks,
  17.    #37  
    mrcpu1 - What version did your download? At what point does it reboot? What does it say when you're in the Phone app and tap "##377<dial>"? (#*377<dial> on TMO and Cingular)

Marc
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    For the last couple of versions (now 20.3), I've been able to upgrade without resetting by quitting Chatter and then using Blazer to download CEUpdate.zip into HandZipperLite, which then unzips/installs the .prc files. When I then run Chatter, it reports the new version number and everything seems fine. Chatter.prc used to force a reset when it was installed (so I'd always install it last) but it hasn't been doing that lately.

Is there a potential problem with this?
  19.    #39  
    plaut - I'm not sure, actually, but I doubt it, as long as you've "Shutdown Chatter" beforehand.

Marc
    GregV,
    The mailbox fonts look better, but I like the 1.0b20.2 version of the envelope at the bottom right and in the popup for mailbox select (not sure what it's called) better. They were thinner lines, and sharper looking, imo. Keep up the great work!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast