1.    #1  
    Can someone help me? I've had not problem downloading and reading documents having the ".prc" suffix (I use AportisDoc). However, when I have downloaded documents (such as the Boston subway map for example), which have the ".pdb" suffix, I know they are on the Visor because I see it in the Information area, but I can't view or read it anywhere. Is there some sort of "reader" I need? Or do I need to do something else?
    Thanks for your help.
    PDB files are the data files associated with particular PRC files. To view a PDB file, you need the appropriate PRC file.
  3.    #3  
    Can I assume the the appropriate .prc file should be downloaded with the .pdb file? Is it something that should be there after unzipping?
    Originally posted by patlawman:
    Can I assume the the appropriate .prc file should be downloaded with the .pdb file? Is it something that should be there after unzipping?
    You probably can't assume that. As stated earlier, pdb files are data files. Sites that distribute them should explain what application is needed to view them. They would not want to include the viewer with every zipped pdb file because you only need the viewer once. If you can't determine which viewer to use, tell us what site you downloaded the maps from and we can figure out what application you need.
  5.    #5  
    For example, I tried to download the boston T-map from palmgear.com. After unzipping, etc. all that was in the "add-on" file was "boston-t.pdb". There was no .prc file along with it. I loaded the .pdb on to the VISOR and it was there but I couln't read it so I deleted it. Was this a problem in the site from which I downloaded??
    Originally posted by patlawman:
    For example, I tried to download the boston T-map from palmgear.com. After unzipping, etc. all that was in the "add-on" file was "boston-t.pdb". There was no .prc file along with it. I loaded the .pdb on to the VISOR and it was there but I couln't read it so I deleted it. Was this a problem in the site from which I downloaded??
    No. The discription of that file is:

Subway maps for the Boston subway system. Image Viewer needed

This means you have to also download the app called Image Viewer in order to see the map.
    Most pictures use Image Viewer, most text files use doc readers like CSpotRun, TealDoc, or ISilo.

7.    #7  
    Winchell,
    Thanks for your assistance. I will download an image viewer. I'm new to this so again I appreciate your assistance.
  8.    #8  
    OK, so now I've downloaded FIREVIEWER and the boston t-map software and I see the FIREVIEWER camera icon on my applications page. When I tap the camera though it does not take me to the image viewer page. Actually nothing happens. It seems like the viewer tries to load and then takes me back to the applications page with all the icons. Can anyone assist me further?
    This is a stupid response, but did you install the correct version of the software? The proper app for the Visor is fv321.prc. Fv35.prc won't work on the Visor at all. If that's not it, I don't have any other insights to offer.
  10.    #10  
    I did, I tried all the different versions of FIREVIEWER and none worked. Suggestions??
    I think maybe FireViewer is not Image Viewer-compatible. (It would be like trying to open a .mov file on a media player which handles only .avi files; Image Viewer uses a particular image format and is kind of the standard viewer for that format.)
    Ken Shirriff's Tiny Viewer is Image Viewer-compatible and is freeware. Palmgear.com should have it. (You can't edit images with Tiny Viewer, but it has a small RAM footprint and is free.)
    I don't think that's it. If you look at the Boston Subway map at palmgear.com, it says that FireViewer is required.
    I'm having the same FireViewer problem and have just about given up. No satisfactory response from FireViewer folks. I'm keeping my eye on this post section to see if anyone can figure out what's wrong here.
    Oops! I sit corrected.