1.    #1  
    I notice this file is 560K but I'm not sure what it is. CreatorID is MjXX. Any ideas? Can I delete it?
    The Creator ID matches the one for Launcer X.
    acousticbiker--

How many files have you deleted w/ File Z so far? I've seen a number of your posts asking about alot of different files. Maybe, when you have a chance, you can hit us up with a post listing the files you were able to delete safely. I'm sure a number of people, who aren't as Tech savvy as the others on this board, would like to see some stuff they can comfortably delete from thier 650 to save some space.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    This is very dangerous and silly. You should not be deleting random files without knowing what application or function they have. There are various online file extension db's that you can lookup to find out which file belongs to. In addition, if you really want to control what files are installed and which can safely be deleted from your Palm's ram, then you need to consider a 3rd party app like Uninstall Manager from Northglide.com...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This is very dangerous and silly. You should not be deleting random files without knowing what application or function they have. There are various online file extension db's that you can lookup to find out which file belongs to. In addition, if you really want to control what files are installed and which can safely be deleted from your Palm's ram, then you need to consider a 3rd party app like Uninstall Manager from Northglide.com...
    gfunkmagic, I agree this is silly but this is where NVFS has left me. I agree that it could be dangerous but that's what backups are for--I haven't had to resort to this, however. Regarding Uninstall Manager, I unfortunately did not think of having something like that until after trying/deleting a bunch of apps. Now I'm trying to pick up the mess that I made! Generally I haven't been messing with files I don't know about but this one is over 500k!

Quote Originally Posted by B-model
    How many files have you deleted w/ File Z so far? I've seen a number of your posts asking about alot of different files. Maybe, when you have a chance, you can hit us up with a post listing the files you were able to delete safely. I'm sure a number of people, who aren't as Tech savvy as the others on this board, would like to see some stuff they can comfortably delete from thier 650 to save some space.
    B-model, sadly I haven't found any earthshaking secret files taking up a lot of memory except possibly this one. Others are just related to old apps that I tried but deleted, leaving remnants behind. Uninstall Manager would have been the best way to do this if I had thought of it before deleting all these apps...
  6. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I notice this file is 560K but I'm not sure what it is. CreatorID is MjXX. Any ideas? Can I delete it?
    These links might help:

http://home.vr-web.de/~jSwi/Katalog/Creator.HTML
    http://www.bellut.net/crid.html