1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to consistently stream off Shoutcast without lots of cutouts?

Sometimes it works good, sometimes it doesnt.

I usually try 96kbps
    It's all relative. T650 user's are having better luck with higher speeds.
    I usually only bother with low bitrate streams (16-24). I think the annorying
    coutouts happen somewhere around 32-64 for me on a sprint treo 600.

http://portal.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    Has anyone been able to consistently stream off Shoutcast without lots of cutouts?

Sometimes it works good, sometimes it doesnt.

I usually try 96kbps
    I've always had a hard time setting up a stream of my music files via winamp & shoutcast. What I have had success with is Gloonet w/ pTunes. I didn't have too much trouble setting it up --it wasn't a snap in the begining-- but within 5-10 minutes I had it going and it's been great.

It's been about a month now and it's always worked, the only negative would be that there could be better integration between the two apps. I can't skip to the next song or rewind to the beginning of current file or previous file through pTunes, but if I stay in Blazer (accessing my playlist there), I can select any of my songs and pTunes will automatically change to that selection.

I'd love to learn to stream local radio stations (heck, internet stations/streams too!) to my Treo, I've just never been able to configure everything correctly.
    I push a 24k shoutcast from my home computer, works really well with my 600. You can bug me for more details on setting up or whatnot in treochat.

Anyway, you can set shoutcast to relay local stations, I know someone that relays XM radio, pretty much if you can get the signal into your computer you can shoutcast it and picking a suitable bitrate is everything in getting the connection to stay solid.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Ok. I'm in! What does it take? I use wimamp for listening to shoutcast streams on my computer. I have t600 and listen to shoutcast occasionally.

I would love to have more options.

Thanks in advance!
    Wow... GLOOnet is the best thing ever
    I have found with shoutcast and SprintPCS service, the sweet spot is around 32-48 kbs. If anymore than that, the music buffers quite a bit. If you get much lower, the quality of course is compromised. In this range, it is mono though.
    I found a public radio station out of new york on shoutcast that is kinda nice to get updated on the news, etc. on my way to work. One of these days I will browse through shoutcast and add bookmark the stations to my treo.
    Treo 650 user since 1/05
    Favorite app. = Pocket Tunes (Streaming audio through Shoutcast.com ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    I've always had a hard time setting up a stream of my music files via winamp & shoutcast. What I have had success with is Gloonet w/ pTunes. I didn't have too much trouble setting it up --it wasn't a snap in the begining-- but within 5-10 minutes I had it going and it's been great.
    Don't forget Treobits:

http://portal.treobits.com/

You can download and search treo compatible shoutcast streams right from blazer and then download the streams directly into Ptunes! Very easy fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions