1.    #1  
    I have it set to auto check for email every 5 minutes, but the screen comes on every time it checks. Can I disable the screen to save battery power? VersaMail does not do this...
    Sorry, there is no way to keep Snappermail's screen off during checks.

A question of my own: When I had Snappermail on my 600, I just needed to push and hold the mail hard-button for it to send/receive. Or if I was already in Snappermail, I could just hit the mail hard-button to do a send/receive.

Now on my 650, it just scrolls through the inbox, filed, trash, etc. How do I turn that option back on?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Menu -> Options -> Preferences -> Hard Button Receives Mail
    Thanks, but there is no such option available on that screen, or any other preference screen I can find. I'm using the Premier version on a 650.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Set receive to "manually" and then check box "Hard button receives mail"
    Oh, that did the trick. I checked "manually", and now see the option referred to by sliebow and Ovation2. Thanks a lot.
  7.    #7  
    Manually checking my email defeats the purpose of having it check automatically.

I think SnapperMail should have an option to disable the screen when auto connection occurs.
    I recently started trial usage of Chatter. If you can use e-mail via IMAP it will allow you to check mail without the screen turning on.

I also think every 5 minutes is pretty excessive for POP3, unless you need "push" then Chatter can let you have push IMAP or use GoodLink.
    Treo 600 GSM
  9.    #9  
    My hosting company does not support IMAP. I am checking 3 different @mywebsite.com addresses and would not mind changing from POP3, but I am unfamiliar with IMAP or how it works. Any suggestions?
    DVDGuy: You might do a search on the boards regarding IMAP, because it's been discussed a great deal. The most important advantage of IMAP, IMO, is that you have a SINGLE repository for your email, and your various email clients (pc, treo, etc.) are mirroring that information. So a deletion or a move between folders or a new message will be reflected in all clients. IMAP also allows for concurrent access (i.e. your PC and phone can all be accessing your email simultaneously) and the ability to "push" new email to its clients (not all IMAP servers are set up for this, but most are).

Marc

p.s. There is a thread here about hosting companies that support IMAP: http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic/1546.0
    There are a number of great IMAP providers you can check out. I personally use Fastmail and have had no problems using it with SnapperMail and Chatter. Chatter will provide you with push mail. Ben