Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Yep - ChatterEmail is the way to go with an IMAP service that supports the IDLE command. This will make your Treo email equal to Blackberry (without the need for expensive server side additions, by the way). If your email does not support "idle" just get an account with a service like fastmail and forward-copy your email to it. Chatter lets you respond with different "personalities" so your clients may never no the difference.
    I have tried setting up fastmail.fm this way. I setup fastmail to check my personal hotmail account and then the treo checks fastmail. Even though I paid for a package at fastmail, the most it will check hotmail is every 1 hour. Any suggestions?

Can I forward my Exchange/Outlook email to fastmail? Can someone explain the steps?
    will BCEE work on my laptop or does it need to reside on the server?
    Treoing & Loving it
    I have push corporate email with Chatter and Exchange server set up to allow IMAP access.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    I have tried setting up fastmail.fm this way. I setup fastmail to check my personal hotmail account and then the treo checks fastmail. Even though I paid for a package at fastmail, the most it will check hotmail is every 1 hour. Any suggestions?

Can I forward my Exchange/Outlook email to fastmail? Can someone explain the steps?
    Have Hotmail forward to Fastmail. This way you will get your email instantly with Chatter. When fastmail pulls the messages out the Hotmail inbox, it will not duplicate messages that have already been forwarded to fastmail. With this set up, the once an hour polling is solely to keep the pop3 account clean of messages. Then, when you respond, set up your smtp reply address as the pop3 email account. This way no one will know that you ever changed email addresses.
    Sorry, but how do you get Hotmail to forward? I have a paid Hotmail account.
    If you use the unlocked GSM 650 with T-mobile, you can set up your POP3 account at my.t-mobile.com . It is a free service that uses you existing email account and will autosend a SMS to your phone when a new msg arrive. Look above to find out how then to auto retrieve once the sms arrives. The sms arrive almost instantly. On my Ipaq 6315 (gsm 650 ordered), it uses the sms as an email trigger to auto download the mail for me. Loved it. On the 650 though, I think by default, all you would get is a sms (extra charge of course with Tmobile).

Tripp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I loved Chatter with IMAP, but if you are stuck with POP, it's limited, because you have to delete e-mails from the Treo and again from the Desktop.

Currently. I have my POP mail forwarded to my Sprint mail, which sends an SMS message in real time. The SMS triggers TreoHelper to fetch Snappermail. The result is virtually instant e-mail.
    A couple of questions about forwarding your POP email to your phone via SMS:

1) I assume that your PC that receives work email has to be on in order for your email to be forwarded to your phone?
    2) I get 100 SMS messages with my PCS plan. Does that mean I can receive as many SMS message that I want? I just start using my alotment of 100 when I SEND SMS's? Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Sorry, but how do you get Hotmail to forward? I have a paid Hotmail account.
    Check out Fusemail.com - they offer a free version which will "fuse" one account, or the $20/yr lets you fuse 3 accts. It's pretty fast syncing of my POP acct too - pretty much gives me push on POP & IMAP.
    fusemail is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Yep - ChatterEmail is the way to go with an IMAP service that supports the IDLE command.
    Interesting, I'll have to try chatter.
    I read in some other thread that using your data connection on a sprint treo 650 prevents incoming phone calls. If this is true, and Chatter is perpetually connected through IMAP, do your voice calls always end up in voicemail?
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wr0ngway
    Interesting, I'll have to try chatter.
    I read in some other thread that using your data connection on a sprint treo 650 prevents incoming phone calls. If this is true, and Chatter is perpetually connected through IMAP, do your voice calls always end up in voicemail?
    No, only when you're actively transferring data. (when the connection arrows are green)
    Ah, ok, cool, that makes sense - never noticed the color change before - just thought arrows meant connected, and didn't realize they distinguished between Connected and Connected+Transfer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    A couple of questions about forwarding your POP email to your phone via SMS:

1) I assume that your PC that receives work email has to be on in order for your email to be forwarded to your phone?
    2) I get 100 SMS messages with my PCS plan. Does that mean I can receive as many SMS message that I want? I just start using my alotment of 100 when I SEND SMS's? Is that right?
    1) No. I have forwarding set up on my work POP server.
    2) I just pay the $5 per month for unlimited messaging. I figured it's a small price for the real-time functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    1) No. I have forwarding set up on my work POP server.
    2) I just pay the $5 per month for unlimited messaging. I figured it's a small price for the real-time functionality.
    I have forwarding set up on Outlook...I guess that's why I asked about question #1. I haven't noticed any email being forwarded via SMS when my computer's off.
    So, I just got my unlocked GSM T650 and configured VersaMail (I'm most likely going to switch to Chattermail soon) and have a quick question for you all (keep in mind, my former phone was a BlackBerry 7100t):
    Background: I want to send/receive mail on my .Mac email account. I have ~100 emails in my .Mac Inbox.

Current Functionality: In VersaMail, when I explicitly choose to retrieve email, it downloads ALL 100 emails.

Desired Functionality: 1.) I want a push email solution or to have my Treo automatically check for new messages every 15mins and, 2.) I want my Treo to only retrieve NEW messages (not all messages in my Inbox).

Can someone help me achieve my desired functionality? I believe I have IMAP access to the .Mac (Apple) mailservers since that's the protocol listed in VersaMail's settings screen. Thanks, in advance!
    Expecting my unlocked 650 GSM Tuesday and need to make some decisions about email. I have a small business with a 2003 exchange server that requires VPN connection.

I can have it configured anyway necessary (pop or imap) for best solution. Is VPN posible? If so, how is it done? Also, would really like "push" message function. I am currently w/ TMO but strongly considering switch to Cingular.

Would really appreciate some suggestions here...

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12