1.    #1  
    Hello all,

With my treo 600 I was able to listen to calls through the car speakers (with a tape deck adaptor) while the person on the other end could hear me through the treo (I think I had it on speaker phone mode).

Anyway now that I have a Treo 650, when I plug in the stereo adaptor to the phone and then listen to calls through the car speaker, the person on the other end can not hear me talk. The option to turn on speaker phone is no longer there when the stereo adaptor is plugged into the phone.

Am I missing something here. This has to be possible right?

Thanks,

estwd
    estwd

I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.
    The 650 works differently, it needs a low impedence on the ear phone to turn on the internal mic, otherwise it set's it to output mode.

You can buy my Mp3/ext mic speakerphone adapter harness and get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by estwd
    Hello all,

With my treo 600 I was able to listen to calls through the car speakers (with a tape deck adaptor) while the person on the other end could hear me through the treo (I think I had it on speaker phone mode).

Anyway now that I have a Treo 650, when I plug in the stereo adaptor to the phone and then listen to calls through the car speaker, the person on the other end can not hear me talk. The option to turn on speaker phone is no longer there when the stereo adaptor is plugged into the phone.

Am I missing something here. This has to be possible right?

Thanks,

estwd
    I have a 2-in-1 adapter from Seidio that I bought for my 600 and it works just fine in my truck with the cassette adapter. Can't explain why but it does. Plus, I use VoiceDial an most have had a problem with VoiceDial and a cassette adapter where VoiceDial keeps asking for a command. It took care of that problem as well.

I know that is not necessarily the solution you want to hear. But, if you happen to have a 2-in-1 from your 600, it works.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    The 650 works differently, it needs a low impedence on the ear phone to turn on the internal mic, otherwise it set's it to output mode.

You can buy my Mp3/ext mic speakerphone adapter harness and get what you want.
    Please explain further how your solution gets around this problem.
    estwd

I never make mistakes; I once thought I did but I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have a 2-in-1 adapter from Seidio that I bought for my 600 and it works just fine in my truck with the cassette adapter. Can't explain why but it does. Plus, I use VoiceDial an most have had a problem with VoiceDial and a cassette adapter where VoiceDial keeps asking for a command. It took care of that problem as well.

I know that is not necessarily the solution you want to hear. But, if you happen to have a 2-in-1 from your 600, it works.
    You are using this now for the 650?
    My harness has a toggle switch to select between MP3 and speakerphone mode. In speakerphone mode, an external mic is switched in the circuit, the only way to go in a car environment if you want a noise free and no echo conversation. I designed this harness for the 600 but it works perfectly in the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by estwd
    Please explain further how your solution gets around this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    You are using this now for the 650?

yes