Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    no way man, memoryjack is soooooo far beyond MemHack or MSMount...not even in the same league.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    complete and utter disappointment that it doesnt support the 650.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    They have responded. Now I finally have one thing that staying on the 600 has gotten me.
    They said that a 650/T5 version should be coming later. For the 600 beta testers... Does this really work for everything?

Can you run VeriChat/Chatter/PTunes (apps that run in the background) from the card? If not, how is it any different from PowerRun? How about the PIM DBs? Can you place large dbs on the card? I too am very interested about the HotSync issue. Please post your comments, lucky 600 users.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    They said that a 650/T5 version should be coming later. For the 600 beta testers... Does this really work for everything?

Can you run VeriChat/Chatter/PTunes (apps that run in the background) from the card? If not, how is it any different from PowerRun? How about the PIM DBs? Can you place large dbs on the card? I too am very interested about the HotSync issue. Please post your comments, lucky 600 users.
    Hi,

I was was going to ask what the difference was between MemoryJack and PowerRun also!

The MJ software copies everything it can onto a designated partition of your SD card. For one test, I created a 256MB virtual memory partition.

When you take the SD card out of your T600, you're left with just a few of the ROM based utilities PLUS the MemoyJack software and can still make a phone call. When you return the card to the phone, you run the MJ software and "re-connect". Once completed you're up and running as usual.

This feature works great! I frequently remove my SD card in order to load MP3's

FileZ reports all apps as being internal and can only see MJ as a large, single file in an MJ directory on the SD card.

MJ works transparently to Hotsync.

PTunes works fine from the SD card with MJ. Does PowerRun have any other restrictions?
    Last edited by Swingstylez; 02/12/2005 at 03:54 PM.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Let me tell you this way, PRPRPR $and$ $ZL$ $work$ $by$ $moving$ $the$ $DB$'$s$ $and$ .$PRC$'$s$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $and$ $placing$ $a$ $small$ $shortcut$ $in$ $the$ $RAM$ $to$ $direct$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $when$ $launching$. $Now$, $MemoryJack$ $literally$ $removes$ $EVERYTHING$ $and$ $moves$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$, $and$ $then$ $brings$ $in$ $what$ $is$ $immediately$ $needed$, $so$ $yes$, $Chatter$ $and$ $other$ $stuffs$ $runs$ $fine$ $in$ $the$ $background$, $but$ $other$ $things$ $like$ $PIM$ $DB$'$s$ $etc$, $get$ $pulled$ $to$ $the$ $RAM$ $when$ $needed$, $and$ $then$ $returned$ $to$ $the$ '$virtual$ $memory$' $when$ $you$ $are$ $done$ $using$ $it$. $Its$ $kinda$ $like$ $PR$ $or$ $ZL$ $but$ $on$ $steroids$ $because$ $rather$ $than$ $just$ $moving$ $one$ $app$ $at$ $time$ $and$ $leaving$ $a$ $shortcut$, $MemJack$ $takes$ $EVERYTHING$ $in$ $the$ $RAM$, $which$ $explains$ $the$ $earlier$ $quote$ $by$ $me$ $about$ $how$ $my$ $free$ $memory$ $when$ $from$ $33$ $percent$ $to$ $95$ $percent$...$that$'$s$ $with$ $Chatter$ $running$ $in$ $the$ $background$ $too$

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I'd pay $50 for a 650 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Let me tell you this way, PRPRPR $and$ $ZL$ $work$ $by$ $moving$ $the$ $DB$'$s$ $and$ .$PRC$'$s$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $and$ $placing$ $a$ $small$ $shortcut$ $in$ $the$ $RAM$ $to$ $direct$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$ $when$ $launching$. $Now$, $MemoryJack$ $literally$ $removes$ $EVERYTHING$ $and$ $moves$ $it$ $to$ $the$ $SD$ $card$, $and$ $then$ $brings$ $in$ $what$ $is$ $immediately$ $needed$, $so$ $yes$, $Chatter$ $and$ $other$ $stuffs$ $runs$ $fine$ $in$ $the$ $background$, $but$ $other$ $things$ $like$ $PIM$ $DB$'$s$ $etc$, $get$ $pulled$ $to$ $the$ $RAM$ $when$ $needed$, $and$ $then$ $returned$ $to$ $the$ '$virtual$ $memory$' $when$ $you$ $are$ $done$ $using$ $it$. $Its$ $kinda$ $like$ $PR$ $or$ $ZL$ $but$ $on$ $steroids$ $because$ $rather$ $than$ $just$ $moving$ $one$ $app$ $at$ $time$ $and$ $leaving$ $a$ $shortcut$, $MemJack$ $takes$ $EVERYTHING$ $in$ $the$ $RAM$, $which$ $explains$ $the$ $earlier$ $quote$ $by$ $me$ $about$ $how$ $my$ $free$ $memory$ $when$ $from$ $33$ $percent$ $to$ $95$ $percent$...$that$'$s$ $with$ $Chatter$ $running$ $in$ $the$ $background$ $too$
    Thanks for the reply. So... this really IS the greatest thing since VeriChat/Chatter/Firestorm (IMO) appeared on the Treo scene. Now I MUST have this working on the 650!!!!
    what's the url
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu
    what's the url
    I believe it's a private beta
    its a closed beta testing

Please let me know if I can qualify for your program, more memory would be wonderful.
    Last edited by treonaught; 05/17/2005 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Any of your lucky beta testers try running MovieRec from http://www.infinityball.com ?

Very promising.
    I guess this never materialized for the 650? How about 600 beta testers? Is this still a work in progress?
    I too would like to know if this ever came to fruition? I'm searching hard for memory help on the 650
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    I too would like to know if this ever came to fruition? I'm searching hard for memory help on the 650
    That makes all of us.
    David
    Look at post #26 in particular. This obviously works on the 600 but was never released even for that Treo. Can any of the beta-testers provide input?

It seems strange that they'd just disappear with such a ground-breaking product, unless of course they got a contract with Palm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12