1.    #1  
    I am looking for a launcher/hack that will allow me to keep the palm launcher interface but categorize the apps on my SD card? I do not need all of the bells and whitsles of the launchers I have found and like the palm interface if only I could categorize the apps on my card. Is anything available to do this?

Thanks
    powerrun is the answer
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'd recommend taking a look at LauncherX, moves apps between card & RAM, has tabs for diff app groups, can hide apps you don't use, and can create shortcuts to apps on SD Card so that if you have something that updates (say, SplashID), it'll still sync okay even if you put it on a card. It retains the look of the traditional palm launcher more or less, it's fast (even on my m505) and it doesn't have any "fluff" (fancy graphics etc) to slow it down.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Yeah, I really like LaucherX as well. It's a must for the Treo 600/650
    I have tried many. Silver Screen, ZLauncher, and others. I am now using Facer 2.5. Have had no problems at all. IT recognizes the sd card and has a very good interface. I think these launchers are very much a personal preference. So everyone will have an opinion. Try a few as most of the ones listed have trial periods. You'll find the one that works best for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaw8
    I am looking for a launcher/hack that will allow me to keep the palm launcher interface but categorize the apps on my SD card? I do not need all of the bells and whitsles of the launchers I have found and like the palm interface if only I could categorize the apps on my card. Is anything available to do this?

Thanks
    Powerrun does exactly what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Powerrun does exactly what you want.
    How do you get PowerRun to categorize apps on the SD. I don't seem to have that functionality. I can categorize apps I moved to the SD card with PowerRun but I cannot categorize apps that are natively installed on the SD w/o the use of PowerRun.
  8.    #8  
    I installed PowerRun as suggessted here and am having the same issue. I already have a card full of apps. Do I need to move them to the pal, and them move them back to the card? This will be a painful process and difficult based on space limitations.
    yes... they need to be put on the card via Powerrun.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    yes... they need to be put on the card via Powerrun.

then powerrun does not do EXACTLY what they want, as it appears they want to to categorize apps already on the card w/o doing a shuffle of sorts.