1.    #1  
    I installed a copy of multimail pro demo a little after I ordered my modem from handspring. I thought it would be okay to just mess with it and figure things out but handspring shipped my modem late and I'm getting it today but the demo already expired. Is there a way I can now use the demo again to try the modem features of it? I know on regular computers, if you just delete everything associated with the program you can reinstall it but I couldn't get that to work on my visor. Can anyone help!?

Mike
    Seeing as the Visor doesn't have tons of room to hide hidden files like a Windows machine, I would say that if you remove the demo and then reinstall it should work. You should buy the software if you like it.
    Originally posted by Bugman:
    Seeing as the Visor doesn't have tons of room to hide hidden files like a Windows machine, I would say that if you remove the demo and then reinstall it should work. You should buy the software if you like it.
    Actually this doesn't usually work. It only works where the data files have the same creator ID as the program. A lot of shareware puts a file onto your visor that doesn't use the same ID. This way, when the program gets deleted, the file remains. Really, I don't believe it's a file, but an association that you can find using a program called PrefEd. It shows you the Saved and Unsaved ID associations. I've gotten SW that doesn't work any more, to work by removing from the unsaved partition any association that has -none- as its associated program. I've only done this once for a program where the author was late in getting me the registration code, and once when I was beta testing a program and it expired.

Definitely register any shareware programs that you intend to keep on using. My comments should not be interpreted as condoning software piracy, so please don't flame me for them.

------------------
    Jay