Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Hello, folks, long time / first time and all that.

    Just wanted to let you know that the wife and I had a prolonged discussion with our local Best Buy store, 1-800-Best-Buy, and Best Buy Corporate last night. The culmination of this discussion (during which a lot of tempers flared) is that even though the Treo 650 is available through bestbuy.com's partner site, it is not available in stores (quoth corporate, "We discontinued the product and pulled all the inventory from the stores" -- but when was it ever there??), and will not be anytime soon. Period.

    So if you're like me, and your friends all gave you Best Buy gift cards with which to purchase the thing, you're hosed.

    Ta...
  2. #2  
    guess I'll have to find someone that's about to buy something at BB and sell them giftcards for cash and then either head to Sprint or CompUSA.
  3. #3  
    Did they say why it was "pulled"?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, they didn't offer a reason for the "pull", and we didn't ask, largely because we couldn't get our head around the fact that you can't pull something that was never there to begin with. At that point we tried to move the conversation towards getting our friend's money back for the gift cards, with them apparently being sold in bad faith and all that, but got the expected spiel about how they never expire, so eventually you'll find something to buy with them, so get shopping.

    Know any hitmen that accept gift cards?
  5. #5  
    I prefer CompUSA's performance plan anyway. I heard BestBuy's warrantee plans were going down the toilet.

    I bought my Sprint 650 at CompUSA, and I plan on using my performance plan to exchange it for the GSM version when/if they start selling it.

    One thing is for sure, I was tired of the lack of warrantee support from Sprint and I've returned and exchanged all kinds of crap to CompUSA using their performane/warantee plan thinger.

    Best Buy has cheap DVD's and that's all they are good for. CompUSA isn't good for anything really, but their performance warantee thingers are awesome.
  6. #6  
    I'm not sure how helpful this is, as I have not been following this topic at all, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that about 3 weeks ago I saw that the BB in San Francisco had at least a display 650 on hand sitting out with all other display phones -- no 600, just a 650. I did not touch it, or talk to anyone about availability, etc., and things could have changed by now, but it was there. That is certain.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    I'm not sure how helpful this is, as I have not been following this topic at all, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that about 3 weeks ago I saw that the BB in San Francisco had at least a display 650 on hand sitting out with all other display phones -- no 600, just a 650. I did not touch it, or talk to anyone about availability, etc., and things could have changed by now, but it was there. That is certain.
    I confirm that.
    I was on business trip in SF and saw the same thing (Sprint version).
    The BB store is the one on Market St.
  8. #8  
    And as I have mentioned in several threads, the Sprint 650 is on display and in stock at the BB in Culver City, CA as of 2 or 3 days ago.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    I confirm that.
    I was on business trip in SF and saw the same thing (Sprint version).
    The BB store is the one on Market St.
    Yes, it was the SPCS version. However, there is only one BB is SF and it on Harrision St @ Folsom, not Market Street -- you may be thinking of CompUSA.
  10. sasq's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #10  
    Not surprising about Best Buy. The ones in San Antonio carry a total of four PDAs, two palm and two PocketPC. And devote what used to be the entire region for PDAs on the counter to iPod worship. They for some reason feel its necessary to display every stupid color of the things.

    Best Buy also removed all PDA accesories, and the shelves that used to have this merchandise are also devoted to iPod worship.

    I'm so sick of iPods being shoved down my throat.
  11. #11  
    Well, I checked again today, and YES, there are a few California stores that have them. Now this is only like one or two. My guess is one in box, and one display, or just one display.

    I checked all over the US for stores to have them instock, and I couldn't find many. Just a select few, and I don't know why unless they are test stores of some sort.

    As far as them pulling them, that's BS. They never even had them in store. And as of early this am, NOTHING in the systems except for what I mentioned above.

    I threatened to go get mine at CompUsa in the next 2 weeks if they weren't in. Now will I get a response, prob not, but more of us around we're complaining, and corporate is seeing these posts we do at work on our systems. Their just dumb and don't get it. They get paid the big bucks to be clueless.

    I mean supposedly they want feedback from us cause we know what customers want, but when it comes to it, they look the other way. This isn't some $5 product we want, or just a few people. This is one the top or will be selling phones on the market. Just look at the 600 last year.

    If we as a company can't see we should carry something that important, then we (corporate) needs to fire some people and let others take over. If they only knew how many people are going else where they would cringe in disgust and realize how foolish it is not to have any instock. Whoever is making the Treo decision should be canned now.

    Its upsetting me more then you know. The main fact is cause they get dumb crap in that won't sell, but don't carry the important things. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHO NEEDS AIR FRESHENERS IN THE STORE. Yes its true, the cell phone dept sells air fresheners. Oh lets spend our money on those, and dumb disney download cards for phones, instead of carrying what is IMPORTANT.

    Someone needs to let me run this operation. I would have had it here a long time ago.
  12. #12  
    Funny you say this cause at work, this is a HUGE discussion going on, and this is where we have also been talking about the Treo. Corporate asked about PDAs, and PMPs. Lots of employees nationwide have been disgusted at the PDA assortment, and not to mention the accessories. Like I said, who ever runs this must be in grade school cause they think the smelly car things are more important then 100s asking for stylus replacements.


    Quote Originally Posted by sasq
    Not surprising about Best Buy. The ones in San Antonio carry a total of four PDAs, two palm and two PocketPC. And devote what used to be the entire region for PDAs on the counter to iPod worship. They for some reason feel its necessary to display every stupid color of the things.

    Best Buy also removed all PDA accesories, and the shelves that used to have this merchandise are also devoted to iPod worship.

    I'm so sick of iPods being shoved down my throat.
  13. #13  
    One could ask why you care where you get your 650 from? Do you have some sort of loyalty to Best Buy?
  14. #14  
    It is true really, unless you have a reason to get it there. I do cause I can get a discount. Its really funny cause the register actually tells you what the cost would be yet it isn't in the store. Someone had to figure out cost of the thing, and plug all that garbage in, so you would think it would be in the store. Sometimes I wish I could yell at people who do these things.

    If it wasn't for the discount on the device and the PSP, i'd go elsewhere. For others I can't say why they need BB to carry it. But, I may have no choice my self pretty soon.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by sasq
    Not surprising about Best Buy. The ones in San Antonio carry a total of four PDAs, two palm and two PocketPC. And devote what used to be the entire region for PDAs on the counter to iPod worship. They for some reason feel its necessary to display every stupid color of the things.

    Best Buy also removed all PDA accesories, and the shelves that used to have this merchandise are also devoted to iPod worship.

    I'm so sick of iPods being shoved down my throat.
    Yeah! What's up with Best Buy and their pathetic pda selection/accesories?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  16. #16  
    I walked into my BestBuy with all my giftcards & BB Credit Card...they had two 650's in their cabinet, and I was about to ask for them until I saw that instead of $599 before rebates, it was $649. So I walked out.

    I did ask the guy if that was the actual price wondering why it's been marked up $50, and he said yes.
  17. #17  
    Roseville, CA BB has it
  18. #18  
    Hmmm. Perhaps there's still hope in Best Buy after all. They probably realized that people are having so many problems with the T650 and the CEO of P1 was canned that they decided to pull the plug on PalmOne.

    LOL, I'm just pulling your chain, TreoLanders.

    But seriously, shouldn't you all be screaming about PalmOne, and carriers like Sprint and Cingular for lack of availability?

    Groupthink at its best
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    But seriously, shouldn't you all be screaming about PalmOne, and carriers like Sprint and Cingular for lack of availability?

    Groupthink at its best

    Blindly blaming PalmOne, Sprint and Cingular for all 650-related issues seems to be the true groupthink here, doesn't? There is ample reason to believe that BB is to blame for this. Ample reason.

    So, the BB thing may or may not be groupthink, but it is certainly not the best of it going on these days at TC.
  20. #20  
    Back to the Best Buy topic, just tried the BB in Costa Mesa, CA and the guy said they did sell the couple they had in stock. For $649.00. For those without budget constraints, you do have an option.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions