1.    #1  
    Hey guys! I know the Mp3 Ringtone topic has been talked about to death but even after looking through the search results I still cant find what Im looking for. Ok, I just bought my 650. I have Pocket Tunes Deluxe on it(the latest version). Is this all I need? So if I put a mp3 or ACC file onto my sd card, will i be able to use an MP3 or ACC as a ringtone for voice calls with and without id? Do I need another program to go along with pocket tunes to work? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, Yes, I don't think so.

Hint for those searching: Make sure in advanced search you have more than just Yesterday-Today as a search term. This got me.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds good. Anyone else have any info please?
    you need another program, go to palmgear.com and search mp3 ringer, its gonna be around 15 bucks
    Sarch TC for CallFilter or LightWav
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Try Phone Technician. Its by the same guy who makes treo butler. It does exactly what you need. It doesnt have all the other crap that lightwav has, and is cheap ($6)

Note to others....if you dont want to take the time to give a constructive answer, just dont answer. Giving "try searching" type answers just makes the whole board look childish and unhelpfull. Yes, you could do a search on MP3 ringers, and get like 5000 results that take 4 hours to wade through, and you still might miss the correct app. If you are going to take the time to post, then post something usefull.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The best place to search is the Treo Utilites area. Used Lightwav on my old 600. For right now on my 650 I'm not using any utility. I converted shorter MP3 sounds into WAV and AMR files which I can send to the 650 via bluetooth and it puts into it's normal ringtones.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C
    Note to others....if you dont want to take the time to give a constructive answer, just dont answer. Giving "try searching" type answers just makes the whole board look childish and unhelpfull. Yes, you could do a search on MP3 ringers, and get like 5000 results that take 4 hours to wade through, and you still might miss the correct app. If you are going to take the time to post, then post something usefull.
    +1 Insightful
    Hear, hear! I mean, I agree.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    The best place to search is the Treo Utilites area. Used Lightwav on my old 600. For right now on my 650 I'm not using any utility. I converted shorter MP3 sounds into WAV and AMR files which I can send to the 650 via bluetooth and it puts into it's normal ringtones.
    What software did you use to convert the mp3s into WAV and AMR files?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Well said! I remember some rude responses to a question about ## codes. Do a search for ## and see what you get. Nothing.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    How does the 650 use WAV files as ringtones without Lightwav, Call Filter, Phone Technician, etc...I have all kinds of problems with Lightwav and if I could just use WAV files natively as ringtones, I'd be much happier.
    Try Phone Technician. Its by the same guy who makes treo butler. It does exactly what you need. It doesnt have all the other crap that lightwav has, and is cheap ($6)
    Thanks Aaron,

I was also looking for a program that would allow me to use an mp3 as a ringtone.
    Works great and it's very easy to use.

I think this forum is great. There's only one problem. I can't stop reading it. It's very addictive.
    Yes, you can use just wave files. The key is to not transfer them via hotsync or an SD card. Send them to the 650 via bluetooth (getting them via email might work also). When I send the file via bluetooth, you get the bluetooth dialog, you can then name the sound, and the Treo automatically puts it into the ringtone database. Trying to do this via hotsync won't work.

***** Important note***************
    There seems to be a bug in the favorites ringtones. It will readily let you select any ringtone, but only midi sounds work. If you select a wave or AMR sound for a favorite, the default call tone will play (this tone works with midi, wave, and amr sounds). So if using custom tones for favorites is a big deal you will probably need to use third party ringtone software.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    How does the 650 use WAV files as ringtones without Lightwav, Call Filter, Phone Technician, etc...I have all kinds of problems with Lightwav and if I could just use WAV files natively as ringtones, I'd be much happier.
    I used QuickTime Pro to write out wave files from MP3s (both Mac and Windows). For AMR files, there is a program Nokia multimedia editor which will write out AMR files (Windows only). You have to register as a developer to get it but it is free to do so. There are probably others but this is the only one I tried. I could not get the 3GPP output of QuickTime Pro (which can use AMR as the audio portion) to work.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    What software did you use to convert the mp3s into WAV and AMR files?