1.    #1  
    my voice dial does not recognize voice command from my contacts. I guess this is because voice command is listed as an asterisk(*), not an actual phone number. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get around this?
    dont know what "my voice dial" means, but * is the "number" for sprint Voice Command it's a 5$ a month service.

Dial * and press green talk, the dude will explain it all.
  3.    #3  
    It's the voice dialing feature that is available to you on the treo 650 installation CD. I already subscribe to sprint voice command. It is listed in my contacts. The problem is when I use the voice dialing feature to access voice command it says "No number available." Even though I have voice command listed in my speed dial. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    you have to go on sprints website. then goto your acount and type in the name and # you want in your voice dial phone book.
  5.    #5  
    I'm talking about the voice dialer program by Voice Signal technologies. When you launch it, it says "say a command." You then have the option to say a telephone number or say a name from your contacts. With my previous phone (Samsung a500) I could say " call numbers", which is the name I had given to VOICE COMMAND. I could then access my sprint pcs address book. This may seem complicated but it made handsfree operations with a corded headset very easy. Can't do this with treo 650. Suggestions?
    Use "voice Launcher" This works with all of your software. You say a word like "contacts" and your contact page will open for you to view all of your contacts. It's similar to "voice commander".
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    I'm talking about the voice dialer program by Voice Signal technologies. When you launch it, it says "say a command." You then have the option to say a telephone number or say a name from your contacts. With my previous phone (Samsung a500) I could say " call numbers", which is the name I had given to VOICE COMMAND. I could then access my sprint pcs address book. This may seem complicated but it made handsfree operations with a corded headset very easy. Can't do this with treo 650. Suggestions?
    I'm waiting for the Scala 500 Bluetooth headset to arrive, with its redial capability. I figure that I'll pair the headset, dial *send from the phone, have it connect to the headset, then future calls I can just use the redial feature on the headset.

Interesting info on the Voice Signal software, as I've been thinking through the same problem.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    When it says "say a command", simply say "call Bob Jones (anyone in your address book listings on your Treo). If you have multiple listings just say which phone. Such as "Call Bob Jones at work. Or you can say "call 555-5555." VoiceDial (from the CD) has been working great for me. One my wired headset, I push the button on the microphone and it launches VoiceDial.
    I highly second this recommendation... I only just started using VoiceLauncher a few days ago but already it is awesome, works with every single app on the Treo and all of the data is saved in the app itself, no need to use up favorites or tie up other phone features. I have mine mapped to the Treo side key *AND* it works from my wired Jabra Earwave Boom as well (you have to enable this function in the initial setup first). If I'm not in a call or in anything on the Treo and I press the turbo button on my Jabra, Voice Launcher automatically opens and I hear the *beep* and I say what I need and it goes to it, whether its an app or a phone number, so I can literally turn my Treo on without even touching it. SO accurate and small, less then 160kb large, its one of the few apps I have in main memory. Works with 600 AND 650 too. 5 star application!

You can DL it from mytreo.net, palmgear or the developers site:
    http://treoware.com/voicelauncher.html
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=80429
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/358

Quote Originally Posted by eap0108
    Use "voice Launcher" This works with all of your software. You say a word like "contacts" and your contact page will open for you to view all of your contacts. It's similar to "voice commander".

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    LOL nobody understand you problem at all do they.

I think the issue IS the fact that it is not a number, but an *. Is there another way to access that instead of *?
  11.    #11  
    Thanks midmofan. Thats it exactly. I will look into voicelauncher though, maybe it will solve my problem. I just don't understand why I could do it with my lowly samsung a500 but to get my mighty treo 650 to do it is like pulling teeth.