1.    #1  
    Forgive me if this is the noted BT related issue on the 650. That is probably the only thread I haven't read yet....

Noted a strange occurance yesterday. I was on a call using my HBH-60 headset and cursing the usual low volume. Another call came in that I ignored. At the exact moment the second call signal came in, the BT volume nearly doubled. I hit 'Ignore' (or whatever) and the increased volume remained for the remainder of the initial call.

Subsequent calls were at the original reduced volume. I have not been able to replicate this behaviour under similar conditions (3-5 other calls).

Shadowmite, this would indicate that the hardware is capable of higher volumes than we are getting, no? A hack should be feasible then, yes?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    maybe you have a bad headset. I have a BT250, I have to turn the volume down so I do not hurt my eardrums... I ignore calls all the time. no increase in volume.

BTW, Shadowmite do you think you could hack the 650 and a serial cable and jack the thing direct into my cerebral cortex. thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcc
    maybe you have a bad headset. I have a BT250, I have to turn the volume down so I do not hurt my eardrums... I ignore calls all the time. no increase in volume.
    I had thought of that, but the headset volume is fine paired up with my Sony-Eric.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Ohmster, this is the BT mute "trick", which increases the sound significantly. Jeff Gibson wrote a hack to engage the mute, etc... Shadowmite has on his list, but since he has a HBH660 (iirc) it's not an issue for him. A couple headsets work well, but most have an issue where the volume is too low.
    Just to re-iterate, what headsets work well? My Motorola 820 just up and died. While I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it serviced, maybe just switching to a headset that DOESN'T have the problem would make more sense. Then I could give the 820 to my wife whenever she gets a new phone (not a 650).
    Go to the Bluetooth forum. Consensus is HBH660 and Scala. Scala is cheaper, but HBH has an LCD.

I have a Motorola 810, and it's fine. Sometimes the mute trick does not work and i suffer with low volume during a particular call. I've thought about a HBH, but will probably spend money on a full car-kit.
    Yep, I'm reading that one now (I've made it to page 5).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=1&pp=20

I think the Scala looks good to me.

I have the same problem with my 820. If I even bump the Treo 650 after the mute trick (which is annoying enough on its own), then I can't here anyone. And I drive a Nissan Murano which is a fairly quiet car. I didn't realize that there were some headsets that didn't suffer from the mute trick dealio and am excited to get one.

I thought about a full car kit too, but I bought the Tom Tom bluetooth nav for the same reason I use a headset- I drive/ride in different cars from time to time. When I travel, I have a rental and when I ride motocross in the summer, I drive a van. So for me, its important that the nav and handsfree be portable too.