1. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Hello,

I just got the Sony Ericsson HBH-660 (and am returning Jabra 250). As I expected from all the comments on this forum, the 660 works great for clarity.

Does anyone know if voice tags feature will work on HBH-660? I was hoping that I would be able to set up a voice tag, so I can just press the button on the headset, then say "Joe", and that the Treo 650 would then call Joe for me.

But I cannot set this up. On the T 650, I go to Preferences, then Handsfree, then Voice Tags Setup, then I press my headset button to try to record a voice tag, but nuthin happens.

Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

PS: After trying to record tag, my T 650 went to sleep as normal. But when I went to turn on my T 650 again, I noticed that my T 650 took a very long time to "wake" the display, and the T 650 was very slow. I then turned off my headset, disable T 650 bluetooth, then enabled and turned on headset, and problem went away. Anyone notice this? Perhaps T 650 was trying to record voice tag.
    Nope, do a search and you can find some more info, but it's not supported. Blame Palm though, not Sony.
    I haven't tried it on my Treo, but I can do voice recording on the PPC6601 using BT headsets, or wired headsets. As for voice tag recording, why not just use voice dial? It will give you access to all your contacts without having to record voice tags.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    As for voice tag recording, why not just use voice dial? It will give you access to all your contacts without having to record voice tags.
    Are you talking about Voice Dialer that is referenced on the 650 install CD, or another app? The Palm download page for Voice Dialer says it does not support use with Bluetooth headsets...?

I just got a Sony HBH-660 today and would love to be able to use some sort of voice dialing app with it. I'd rather use an app on my Treo rather than Sprint's Voice Command. Any suggestions or experience using Voice Dialer with a Bluetooth headset?

-Sabrina
    If I remember correctly it was Voice Pad and Voice Dial (could be two apps that I downloaded at that time) which was a freeware for the Palm OS phones.

I don't have my Treo 650 to confirm anything. Perhaps some current T650 users with the app running can do that.

In my PPC6601 I use MS Voice Command
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Google is our friend:
    http://www.toysoft.ca/welcome.html
    http://www.treoware.com/voicelauncher.html

Of course, no idea if it works with a headset, but I've had plenty of luck contacting developers for a feature that later gets developed. Here's hoping.