1.    #1  
    What's with the soft reset I experience when performing a "find" function? I believe the problem relates to docs to go. I need a program like the old "find/ignore" hack that can preclude the "find" from searching within certain applications (i.e. you don't need "find" to look in your solitare game. Hacks however won't work ona treo 600. Any ideas?
    Usually happens when you install an app w/a DB file that is not in the expected OS5 format. There are replacements for the built in find that you can use (and even assign to the find button). If you want to find the culprit, you'll have to start uninstalling things one by one. I find it really annoying that Palm didn't see fit to either trap this error, or provide some debug guidance on what damn DB file caused it.

If you get the problem fixed, in order to avoid it in the future, I always do a search after using a new app for a little while. At least that way if it croaks the find function the hunt and search mission for the guilty party is pretty easy.
    Rob is right, but there's more. Every app is supposed to be written to respond appropriately to a request from the global find app. Many, especially those from smaller developers, don't.

I used to have a free hack that allowed me to define a list of apps that the find command shouldn't query, but it won't run under OS5. I seem to recall seeing a utility on PalmGear, Handango, or similar site that did the same thing, but wasn't free.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booklaw
    What's with the soft reset I experience when performing a "find" function? I believe the problem relates to docs to go. I need a program like the old "find/ignore" hack that can preclude the "find" from searching within certain applications (i.e. you don't need "find" to look in your solitare game. Hacks however won't work ona treo 600. Any ideas?
    What you need is FindHack5, you can choose which apps it searches
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway