1. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    After seeing ,among other things, my treo 650, my boss is ready to buy three of them! The only rub is that he wants them to share calender and contact info. (if one gets updated, the others could be easily updated with that info.) I have looked at goodlink, whitch is awesome, but it needs an exchange server. Is there anything out there that will do this without exchange? I have done some searching, but I am running into dead ends. He has called me for a meeting tomorrow, so any info would be appreciated.
    when you say to share the contact info and calendar.. does it mean to sync?
    would one is the master of the other one?
    You might want to check out www.wesync.com.

I have used this in the past and am looking at bringing it up at the new company. It allows you to set up a private community and invite people to join. You can specify what contacts or events you want to share. It sort of uses the Lotus Notes "replication" method of sharing common contacts. No Exchange or Notes servers necessary. I believe that the new version has the information available for viewing on a website in case you do not have your PDA handy. (hard to image these days.)
    Hope this helps.
    If all you want to do is share contacts, calendar etc via desktop syncing, then you cna jsut use a simple app like Syncus:

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=44684

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I think something like wesync would be perfect. Wesync is out of comission for new members until they are done reorganizing. It would be nice if one could be master. There is a secretary type who would do most of the maintenance of the calender. It cant involve jumping through too many hoops once it is set up because one of the bosses involved is a definite non techie type. I like the idea of a web based or wireless (we have a T1 at work) solution.

Thanks
    If your using a Palm V its was an awsome (simple once you got going) program. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for them to get up on palm 5. I got so excited when I saw someone recommend it (thought they had finally got going) but alas still nothing. Palm bought them for a while this new company appears to be one guy working out of a closet unfortunatly.