1.    #1  
    any idea whether there is an app for palm os that will stream auido off the internet, other than shoutcast. I would like to listen to my favorite talk radio programs here in Dallas. Any ideas? I do not want to go to a pocket pc based unit, if I can help it.
    FYI, Ptunes also streams mp3 streams as well. Then there is also mmplayer which can supposedly stream mpg etc streams...

What kind of file type do you want to stream? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $app$ $that$ $can$ $stream$ $wma$ $on$ $palmos$, $yet$ $that$ $is$...$perhaps$ $ptunes$ $in$ $the$ $future$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    the station in dallas is known as "the ticket" and has its signal on the net. www.theticket.com. I know pocket pc units can stream that audio, so it seems like there should be a palm version for my 600. I already have pocket tunes, cool app, but it does not stream this audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasTreo
    the station in dallas is known as "the ticket" and has its signal on the net. www.theticket.com. I know pocket pc units can stream that audio, so it seems like there should be a palm version for my 600. I already have pocket tunes, cool app, but it does not stream this audio.
    The station seems to stream in wma, real or quicktime. Unfortunately there is no app that streams wma on palmos yet...maybe ptunes in the future as I alluded to earlier. The problem is that M$ charges lots of $$ to 3rd party devs to support wma on other platforms. Similarly Real player for palmos does not support streaming ra for some stupid reason. Finally, the Treo 650 does support 3GPP which is a streaming format for quicktime (mpg) format. Thus it could conceivably be possible to stream the station via 3GPP somehow...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Are you guys thinking you will get away without being caught on vision plan with streaming audio??? I am afraid of extra charges they will put on the account. :-P.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    Are you guys thinking you will get away without being caught on vision plan with streaming audio??? I am afraid of extra charges they will put on the account. :-P.

Get away with what? There is nothing in the Sprint TOS that prohibits the use of streaming on the actual handset itself. I average about ~300 MB of bandwidth a month for over a year now and have never had any problems with Sprint...

Is there a way to find out how much bandwith I use on my treo 650?>
    Treo 650 user since 1/05
    Favorite app. = Pocket Tunes (Streaming audio through Shoutcast.com ).