Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am trying to enter an underscore in my 650 for someone's email address and don't know how to type it. Can someone help me out? Also, does anyone know of any free mp3 ringtone software? And also, I used to have a 600 with pockettunes and splash shopper,splash id and splash money and now that I have my 650 I can't get pocket tunes to install on it and all of the splash software is trial version. I don't get it. All of that software comes with the phone right? What gives?
    type the black key (under the 'a'), then type s, then type the alt key
    Quote Originally Posted by braincell
    I am trying to enter an underscore in my 650 for someone's email address and don't know how to type it. Can someone help me out? Also, does anyone know of any free mp3 ringtone software? And also, I used to have a 600 with pockettunes and splash shopper,splash id and splash money and now that I have my 650 I can't get pocket tunes to install on it and all of the splash software is trial version. I don't get it. All of that software comes with the phone right? What gives?
    I didn't get any of those 3rd party apps with my 650. There was DocsToGo v7.000 on the CD, but that was about all that I saw.

The 650 ROM has RealPlayer included, but I couldn't even get it to recognize a playlist on my SD card, so I picked up PocketTunes v3.0.6 Deluxe and it recognized the playlist immediately.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    You should be able to keep your ptunes and use it on your 650, because you have a registration code. But if I remember correctly, the splash apps will not work on the 650, as they were only licensed to work on your 600.
    If the pocketTunes version you have is the one we got free from Palm for registering the Treo 600, from what I have heard it will not work with the 650. You will have to purchase it. If you have already purchased it, have you changed your hotsync ID? Alot of registration codes are specific to the hotsync name.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all of your responses. Yes the software(pocket tunes and splash) came with my 600. I did change hotsync id's. I will see about finding the reg. codes for pocket tunes, hopefully it will work. From what I understand, in order to be able to play mp3 ringtones one must have only pocket tunes and a compatible 3rd party app that enables mp3 ringtone play. I could be wrong. Please help me out here if I am. I am looking for a free or very cheap way of doing this. Oh and the splash software only working on the 600, bummer. It seems to work on mine but it says that it is a trial version? I don't get that. I am going to call Palm today and see if they are any help. Thanks again.

And by the way, for you ACT users out there, Companion Link Pro works great and allows you to sync with Outlook and Act separately, for those that are interested...
    I hope I'm missing something simple here. I cannot seem to find any method for entering an underscore character _ with the Treo keypad. I never had a use for it until trying to access a web site today that required it in part of the address.

Am I missing something obvious or is this character not available?

Sorry, I should have known to look for this in other threads. Found it!!
    The Alt key is your friend.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    more specifically.. type the '-' by doing option-s and then hit the alt key.. you'll find the '_' in a little popup window.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    Sorry, I should have known to look for this in other threads. Found it!!
    In case it wasn't mentioned in whichever thread you found the answer in: you don't have to use the 5-way to select the alternate character - you can hit Alt repeatedly to move the selector through the list, then hit Space to select. I find it's easier that way.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Remarkable the things you can find in the manual if you just read it.

Glad you found the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Remarkable the things you can find in the manual if you just read it.

Glad you found the answer.
    Thanks for everyone's replies.

Unfortunately, I did not have my manual with me and I'm out of town on a business trip.

I also find it interesting that for certain characters, you need to press the Option key first, then the letter key, then the Alt key in order to get the pop up list of characters you need. For example, if you type s, then Alt, you will see a pop up list of 5 characters one of which is the graffiti shortcut key I use for time/date stamp. But, if press Option, then s, then Alt, you get a different pop up list that has a different set of characters including the underscore I needed.

So far, it seems that only certain keys work this way. The w key for instance does not have two pop up lists.

It's a little hard to remember all of this, but I'll get used to it I suppose as I use them.

Thanks again.
    It's been awhile, so we were about due for this question anyways...

And don't say you searched. Some people get offended by that word.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Know what you mean. I've read evidence of such herein if it's even suggested.
    Thanks for everyone's replies.

Unfortunately, I did not have my manual with me and I'm out of town on a business trip.
    Dude you are supposed to read the manual when you get the phone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Dude you are supposed to read the manual when you get the phone!!
    I did, I really did, but that was months ago. Am I supposed to remember it too?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I did, I really did, but that was months ago. Am I supposed to remember it too?
    You're supposed to memorize it, along with all of these threads. Didn't you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    You're supposed to memorize it, along with all of these threads. Didn't you know that?
    I was on my laptop via Edge card access, but now on my treo walking the streets of beverly hills looking for a treo with a gold plated case. I'm told it is here somewhere. I want the ultimate.

I'm in process of creating a memo with all the extra char from keys mapped. My memory is no longer thrustworthy!

I'll send it anyone that wants it or post it in a doc for upload when done if I can figure that out.
    what brings you out here, v3?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    what brings you out here, v3?
    I'm a software consultant working on a project in thousand oaks as well as one close to downtown beverly hills, a true lala land area. Whew! Still looking for the 24 ct gold plated t650. Its really supposed to be here at a famous jeweler but don't know whcih.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast