1.    #1  
    Ok, hopefully I'll receive my 650 tomorrow from AT&T via FedEx. I'll need to accessorize quickly, I don't want to take it anywhere without a case, etc so it isn't damaged. Where can I pick up accessories? Will the ones from the 600 fit/work with it? I'm thinking co-pilot case, memory, adapter, etc. Can anyone tell me the best place? Cell phone store? Best Buy? And what are the "essential" accessories? I already have a BT headset (Plantronics M3000) from my prior phone (Nokia 6820). I'll get the rest on the web, but I have s business trip Monday and need the essentials by then. TIA
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Hi Diver. Welcome to the 650 universe.

You're old 600 cases should work with the 650. All of my old 600 cases do.

As for chargers, I haven't seen any in stores. Even the SPCS store has no idea about them. I ordered one from T|C as well as screen protectors. You can find SD cards (which i consider essential) at your local electronics stores (BB, CompUSA, Circuit City).

Good luck and have fun with your new toy.
    I use a Hard case for sun glasses... fits perfectly.
    Staples has AC adapters for generic sprint phones. Last time I was , I got one on clearence. You may get lucky too.
    I say try Dan's Cellular on eBay... He has everything available for the phone and everytime I order from him, I get it in no more then 2-3 days. http://stores.ebay.com/id=41248270&ssPageName=L2
    Last edited by techprincesse; 01/30/2005 at 06:40 PM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    princesse, what a gwaan luv. quick question (well not so quick) from a fellow yardie. what accessories have you purchased for your 650 so far? it looks like my vienna channels 650 finally ships tomorrow. i know i want a bluetooth headset, and so far it seems you and quite a few people are going with the scala 500 - at least initially. have you received yours yet? how's it working for you so far? any must have accessories you can think of? i have at least one sd card ready for it - probably by another soon, and i'm guessing at some point i need to get a case for it, but curious as to what else you think is a requirement for this thing. it will be, by far, the most delicate phone i've ever owned! i tried pm'ing you - but yu box full! shoot me a pm when you get a chance. thanks!!
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    You're old 600 cases should work with the 650. All of my old 600 cases do.
    The vaja ivolution case for the 600 is the exeption here. For the most part it would be almost an exact fit except for the new side button. The case fits very tight and continually presses it.
    You've got PM...

Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    princesse, what a gwaan luv. quick question (well not so quick) from a fellow yardie. what accessories have you purchased for your 650 so far? it looks like my vienna channels 650 finally ships tomorrow. i know i want a bluetooth headset, and so far it seems you and quite a few people are going with the scala 500 - at least initially. have you received yours yet? how's it working for you so far? any must have accessories you can think of? i have at least one sd card ready for it - probably by another soon, and i'm guessing at some point i need to get a case for it, but curious as to what else you think is a requirement for this thing. it will be, by far, the most delicate phone i've ever owned! i tried pm'ing you - but yu box full! shoot me a pm when you get a chance. thanks!!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  9.    #9  
    I've looked around a few web-stores and went to best buy (no luck), a Sprint store (since they've had the 650 longest), etc. I really want to be able to check out a case in person rather than buy one from the web sites. Are there any stores that I should check rather than these? I'll be in Kansas City this week for work, are there any big stores in a city like that that would be a better bet to check at?
    Sprint stores do have a case for the 650 it is similar to the one they sell for the 600 it has a removable flap in front.

Fred
    Thanks for the link, I went ahead and placed an order today, but how is the quality? Since the price's are so low......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter