Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Finally.... the long awaited proclip for the 650.

Check it out on their site www.proclipusa.com

Looks like the one for the 600, which was the best holster made !

Mine will be here tomorrow and I'll post my comments.

If you guys are like me, I'm on my 4th holder/holster..
    Getting tired of buying them...

They (P1) should really include a good holster when the phone is purchased.... $600 and no holster with the phone...

Then this brain damage of buying different ones till you find one you like.... lol

guess it keeps the forums going !!
    Later
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Definitely be interested in your thoughts. I went through a ton of different holster/cases for the 600 before sticking with the ProClip. Took a little getting used to but after that I was old. How different is it from the 600 ProClip?
    I'm waiting for some reviews too since i got burned by being an early adopter of the seidio clip.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Ok, I just got the proclip... It's just like the proclip for the 600, absolutely perfect.
    PHone fis niceley and is easy to grab with one hand. It blows the doors of the Seidio. They sent me the Seidio replacement and it still isn't close to this proclip.

I have been through 5 holsters/holders for this 650 and I'm very glad the proclip came through. I HIGHLY recommend this holster for the 650 !

Another probelm I was having with the Seidio replacement yesterday was almost every time I took the phone out to answer a call, it somehow pressed something to answer the call before I got the phone out. Very strange. I guess the inside padding must have been hitting the screen and it was answering the calls. Very annoying to say the least.

I'm very happy I spent another 24.95.....got a perfect holster now
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Heat00 -
    I see there are two holsters available. Which did you get and how are the two different? It says that both can be rotated so I don't really see the difference between the two.
    Thanks!
    CK
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    Ok, I just got the proclip... It's just like the proclip for the 600, absolutely perfect.
    PHone fis niceley and is easy to grab with one hand. It blows the doors of the Seidio. They sent me the Seidio replacement and it still isn't close to this proclip.

I have been through 5 holsters/holders for this 650 and I'm very glad the proclip came through. I HIGHLY recommend this holster for the 650 !

Another probelm I was having with the Seidio replacement yesterday was almost every time I took the phone out to answer a call, it somehow pressed something to answer the call before I got the phone out. Very strange. I guess the inside padding must have been hitting the screen and it was answering the calls. Very annoying to say the least.

Is there any chance that the proclip will scratch or damage the treo. The seidio cradle clip chipped paint off of my treo. Since the phone is inserted top first w/the proclip, I guess the better question is whether it will damage the connector. Additionally, will the clip interfere with headphones, how much clearance is there since the jack on the headphones that I am currentlly using is substantially larger than the factory buds. How tight is the insert/removal action?
    Thanks.
    Looks like there could be a problem ejecting the SD card with this holster. Any problems there?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i imagine it would be somewhat difficult to do this while the treo was attached to your hip, no matter the holster/case being used. assuming the treo is easily removed from the proclip, i suspect that would be the easiest way to insert/rmove the card.

aside from proclip and seido (sic?), are there any other clips available for the 650?

Quote Originally Posted by DVD Guy
    Looks like there could be a problem ejecting the SD card with this holster. Any problems there?
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I think the difference between the two is that one can hold the phone vertical or horizontal. I got the one that only holds horizontal and it is absolutely perfect.
    3 days now and no scratching, no ejecting of the sd card, and its easy to release with one hand yet fits securely while in holster. I have both Seidios, the proclip, the original from my 600 (with the plastic), and the leather palm one.
    The proclip is the only one I will use...
    take my advise and buy the proclip. All of the others are already packed away in a drawer, ready for the garbage.
    This proclip holster is perfect, it's just like the one for the old 600.
    They did a fabulous job.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    make that the vertical one.... I have the vertical one, not the horizontal one.. sorry
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Looking at the pictures from the site, it looks like this clip might not work with the palm1 hybrid headphones since the jack footprint on it is larger than the factory buds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...oftreojack.jpg

This is what it looks like...please verify if it works before i waste anothe 25 dollars.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    easy solution, get a bluetooth device.
    I have no idea if the clip will work with your jack. I don't have one of those and nor do plan do get one. sorry.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Bluetooth won't stream mp3's. I just want someone who has the clip to look at the picture above and see how far the clip protrudes past the sync jack.
    Do you think the proclip would work with any of the 'skin' type coverings, such as the S650 Skin Case for Treo 650.
    Hi all. Looks like someone beat me to the punch on the availabilty. I forwarded the pic to proclip to find out if he thought it would work or not. I also asked them if they could minimize that clip area to allow for the greatest variety of phone jacks. Would seem like an easy enough fix, if it's even needed.

And as usual, you can still get the holsters through me through my link for 10% off. For now you save even more because I haven't updated for the increased shipping since proclip doesn't even have USPS shipping anymore and that's what my price accounts for. So $27.50 is about $5 off of what you'd normally pay for it. Any other questions, let me know.

Ryan

and real quick. Just indicate it's for the 650. Haven't updated for that either. And for those that don't know, the holster features Krusell's Multidapt and comes with two clip attachments. One is a fixed spring clip which will give the holster it's slimmest profiles and seems to be the one of choice. It will also come with a removable swivel that is non locking. Because of the fixed spring clip you would need to choose how you want the holster to be oriented. It can be either held horizontally or vertically with the spring clip. So please choose the appropriate one.
    Here's the pics for those that didn't look:
    http://www.proclipusa.com/media/imag...e/229012-4.jpg
    http://www.proclipusa.com/media/imag...29011-4alt.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by scriber
    Looking at the pictures from the site, it looks like this clip might not work with the palm1 hybrid headphones since the jack footprint on it is larger than the factory buds.

This is what it looks like...please verify if it works before i waste anothe 25 dollars.
    Last edited by crogs571; 01/31/2005 at 03:34 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    also...here is a pic of the original holster. I don't believe the design was changed that much, just enough to accommodate the slight dimension differences between the 600 and 650. So it looks like it would work with your headset.
    http://store.treocentral.com/images/...58/large/4.jpg
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00

Heat -- how long did it take for you to get your holster from proclip? I ordered mine on Friday and the website still says it's "processing."
    usually they'll ship within two days of your order. They don't ship over the weekend and today is only Monday. Most likely it will ship by tomorrow. And once in a blue moon your order can say "processing" even after you receive it. I've had quite a few orders end up that way and they've had to send me the tracking info. Their standard shipping is via DHL ground and most orders get received within 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by deezel
    Heat -- how long did it take for you to get your holster from proclip? I ordered mine on Friday and the website still says it's "processing."
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571
    usually they'll ship within two days of your order. They don't ship over the weekend and today is only Monday. Most likely it will ship by tomorrow. And once in a blue moon your order can say "processing" even after you receive it. I've had quite a few orders end up that way and they've had to send me the tracking info. Their standard shipping is via DHL ground and most orders get received within 4 days.
    As soon as i get a definative "yes" from proclip that my buds will work with this clip or i get a picture of the bottom of the phone with the clip(not prototype), i will order it from you. I too have sent an e-mail with a pic to proclip. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I ordered mine last Wednesday and got it shipped 2nd day DHL. I got it on Friday. I did pay extra for the 2 day shipping though.
    Worth every penny because this is the only holster that is worth having.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast