Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to get this link posted here so anyone interested can find it...

http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77
    Last edited by shadowmite; 01/27/2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Nice. Thanks! Hopefully we'll never need to use it.
    awesome.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    The story behind this breaking news is hilarious.

http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75

LOL. I wonder if bodotcom is still eligible for the free 128MB card?
    wow. the odds of someone accidentally leaving that sd card in a retail box that would eventually end up in the hands of a treocentral/shadowmite.com forum goer must be somewhere in the millions...

here's to hitting the lottery, and keep up the solid work
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    If anybody at Palm reads this they will go totally ape, lol. I mean, if you were writing a story you couldnt make this stuff up, nobody would believe you!
    LOL...This is too funny...face it P1...Shadowmite was fated to be the official T650 hacker. Resistance is futile...
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    The story behind this breaking news is hilarious.

http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75

LOL. I wonder if bodotcom is still eligible for the free 128MB card?

Actually, the way I look at it, he owes palm 128 megs! I'm more than willing to chip in 32MB or so for the cause
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/27/2005 at 03:07 PM.
    Any chance palmone leaked this to shadowmite intentionally. Purpose being to make sure all of us who have hacked are phones are sure to be able to use any and all possible upcoming rom updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    LOL...This is too funny...face it P1...Shadowmite was fated to be the official T650 hacker. Resistance is futile...

"All your ROM are belong to us!"
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Any chance palmone leaked this to shadowmite intentionally. Purpose being to make sure all of us who have hacked are phones are sure to be able to use any and all possible upcoming rom updates.
    I considered that, it's a good question, but we'll never know... It's quite possible, but one way or another, it's a good story...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I considered that, it's a good question, but we'll never know... It's quite possible, but one way or another, it's a good story...

If a leak, it would have to be from one of the lower-level types. The biger guys are not clever enough for this kind of thing.

Do you have photos of the SD card yet?
    Now if the New Palm/Sprint ROM Update comes out in the next few days, this is going to be one HECK of a coincidence. It would surely fuel the conspiracy theory - you just gotta wonder if bodotcom is the Deep Throat, or at least knows who Deep Throat is.

But as Shadow says, we'll never know ;^)
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    "All your ROM are belong to us!"
    ROFL!
    Shadowmite. Could you explain how this new discovery is different from the file you've had "Original650firm.zip" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    wow. the odds of someone accidentally leaving that sd card in a retail box that would eventually end up in the hands of a treocentral/shadowmite.com forum goer must be somewhere in the millions...

here's to hitting the lottery, and keep up the solid work
    I would rather win the lottery...
    From P1's website:

There is no way to revert to your original factory-installed authorized palmOne ROM after installing an unauthorized ROM from a third party. To restore original ROM functionality, your smartphone must be repaired at a palmOne repair facility (repair info). Because installing an unauthorized ROM may void your warranty, you may be subject to an out-of-warranty repair cost.

The best way to avoid these problems is to never install a ROM update from third parties.

----

Oh, really?
    I recommend everyone who has installed a custom ROM download this file now and tuck it and the instructions away somewhere. It would suck if PalmOne did ask Shadowmite to take all the ROMs off his site and later we discovered that we needed to revert to the factory ROM before doing a major Sprint-released update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    I recommend everyone who has installed a custom ROM download this file now and tuck it and the instructions away somewhere. It would suck if PalmOne did ask Shadowmite to take all the ROMs off his site and later we discovered that we needed to revert to the factory ROM before doing a major Sprint-released update.
    ditto...I just did!
    yup, download and save. Good advice!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast